The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic Stage Left :: Suck it up buttercup! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Title is misleading...

Being of the sinister persuasion, I have always had to cope with the foibles of being a lefty living in a right handed world. For the most part I just "suck it up" and deal with things like: never being able to use a fountain pen, suffering with serrated bread knives & scissors, etc...

But with things like musical instruments, sports equipment and especially magic, I quite easily adapt to using my off hand primarily without worrying to much about using my left hand, reversing instructions or whatnot.

I'm by no means "ambidextrous", but it's just been easier to just adapt and use my right hand than it would be to rewrite all instructions either physically or physically or in my head.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I'm one of those lefties who actually can use a fountain pen. I have always written with my hand hooked over the top of the line I'm writing. Never drags through the ink (looks awkward as heck to other people though).
Haruspex
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Haruspex
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2023, Race Blakhart wrote:
I'm one of those lefties who actually can use a fountain pen. I have always written with my hand hooked over the top of the line I'm writing. Never drags through the ink (looks awkward as heck to other people though).

same here Smile