The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: For the record :: Names, methods and stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
It has been said here many times: D. Behr's site is fantastic; how everything links back into everything else is awesome. But, let me branch off a bit:
From a very young age, I've always been fascinated with the NAMES of effects. It was always funny to me, how tricks might've been named: 'The Siberian Chain Escape' or 'The Invisible Deck' etc. etc. To that end, I often get very obsessed with some methods, contrivances, single moves...things of that nature. e.g. I want to learn 87 false cuts. I even wrote an article many years ago on a plethora of things to be done with The Buddha Mystery Papers. You get the idea -- it's how my brain works.
I've often wished there was some great index, database, THING.... that helped you reference tricks via method. 'Uses false cuts' might list 45,279 effects. Or 'deal cards into 4 piles' might yield 58,922 effects published/produced. Again: I often want to plumb the depths on a single move, type of trick deck, single prop etc. Any thoughts or comments?

Smile
His face isn't really this long in-person!