The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Uploading jpegs (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Hello, just wanted to check I’m not being daft. When I try and upload a jpeg [even less than 75K] I get a message that ‘that type of file is not allowed’.
I really want to post pictures in my message (not a hyperlink) and am getting picture envy… Thanks for any pointers!
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
128 Posts

Profile of spudster85
I've been attempting to post pictures of late. It has been an endeavor. One has to check not only the file size being under 75k, but the dimensions as well. The width cannot be more that 500 px, and the width cannot be more that 700 px. I've been using online resizers where I input the 500 px spec and it resizes and all comes in the requirements.

So, check your dimensions, not just the file size.
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Thanks so much spudster for chipping in (see what I did there?!) I have been trialling dimensions in pixel width — down to 250width x 350height. And that’s also failed me. I love a challenge…
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
128 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Here is the site I have found to be the easiest. Usually I use photoshop for picture editing. But, this site is far quicker to use for these purposes.

https://imageresizer.com/
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
That was a very pleasant experience. Thanks, spudster. Much easier than my torturous process of adjusting in Procreate. Now to see if I can post directly into my messages…
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
If it does not work, try renaming the file to "Upload" or "1". Sometimes the dashes and such trigger an error.
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2023, DJG wrote:
If it does not work, try renaming the file to "Upload" or "1". Sometimes the dashes and such trigger an error.

That’s really clever. I hadn’t considered the naming of files. Thank you!
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
My pleasure... but did it help?
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2023, DJG wrote:
My pleasure... but did it help?

Not yet…. It succeeded in producing a hyperlink but not a direct paste into the thread. If you are feeling charitable, you can see my mess over at Boxes, Tubes, and Bags. It’s at ‘Do you recognise this three tube and cup trick?’ I’m aspiring to produce something like the pictures posted in ‘Peter Warlock’s Triple Tubes’. Trying not to turn those threads into a complete mess! Thanks for caring, DJG!!
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Today Topper2 has solved my picture posting problem:

Not sure what you're trying to do but if you want a pic do the following:-

Go to https://postimages.org/

upload your pic there and then click 'share'

At this point you are offered various possibilities but choose 'direct link' and copy it.

You now need to paste the whole of the copied link between the following so you get one at each end of the link:-

(img)(/img)

Please note I've used round bracket for the above example 'cos it's the only way I can get it to post here, in reality though you MUST use square brackets like these [-][-]

Now copy and paste the entire link in your post and bingo.…

I’ve definitely felt the boon of ‘magicians helping magicians’ this week. Thanks all.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Glad that works for you but it seems like a lot of work or keystrokes. If you picture is the correct size, just save it to your computer. Under attachments on the Café, just click on choose file and click on your picture. That's all it takes. But again, if the process you described above works for you, then good.
Where the magic begins
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2023, Dave Scribner wrote:
Glad that works for you but it seems like a lot of work or keystrokes. If you picture is the correct size, just save it to your computer. Under attachments on the Café, just click on choose file and click on your picture. That's all it takes. But again, if the process you described above works for you, then good.

I love the straightforward approach but it just hasn’t worked for me. Possibly iPad issue?

We all know the importance of mixed methods and Multiple ‘Outs’!

All’s well that ends well (for now).
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
Click My Profile, Then Edit My Preferences. The 4th option down: Show images attached in posts (otherwise a clickable link)...make sure this is Y.
vabluhan
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of vabluhan
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2023, spudster85 wrote:
Here is the site I have found to be the easiest. Usually I use photoshop for picture editing. But, this site is far quicker to use for these purposes.

https://imageresizer.com/

I tried using these guys but man I hate ads. They have so many.

I found this resizer if anyone else hates ads like me.

https://instasize.com

Btw, ive only just been getting into magic. I saw Justin Willman last week. That guy is awesome
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
Here is the issue: JPEGS are not accepted, rename is to .jpg Leave out the "E"