The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Craig Ousterling's Coin Boxes (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Are these still available? Everything I look for on Google ends up at a dead link.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Yes they are. Craig does a great job with his boxes. He made a custom set for me just a few months ago.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Bremner
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Just purchased two boxes, a Quarter and a Half Dollar box. All my other boxes are now for sale. Go to primalgimcrack.com for Craig’s website. He is now living in Orlando.

Bill
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Thank you!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2900 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Great boxes and second Bremner's suggestion to visit Craig's website to make contact.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2364 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Not sure that I'm adding anything more than what has already been said, but I'll throw my hat out there as some more praise for Craig's work. I own 5 of his boxes in various forms and all are top notch. The detail, the feel, the weight... all of it is perfect.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Here are pictures of my two boxes from Craig. The Half Dollar box is a Boston Box. Great work and great service. Love the fact that both boxes will take 5 coins.

https://imgur.com/JGIzV7E

Bill
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9539 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I was just thinking why these little trinkets are of such importance to us. And I think the word used by Craig, “gimcrack” is an interesting description of what it is…

gim·crack: /jim krak/ noun
-a cheap and showy ornament;
a knickknack.

I guess we just love the feel and look of these little things, not just the overall beauty of the worked metal but also of these coins too, the boxes are sorta an extension of them. Such a pleasing weight, they just feel good to the hands, and while clearly not gold, it is gold-like as to great personal value, mostly just to us.

So yeah, “gimcrack,” what an interesting word here for these interesting little things we seem to treasure. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
Anyone friends with Craig or have regular contact? I've been trying to follow-up to an initial e-mail response on 12 April regarding a purchase I want to make with him and haven't received any response to my inquiries. He may just be on vacation or not checking his e-mail but if somebody has regular contact, they might want to check and make sue he's ok.
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Craig is the best. He made a custom dollar size box to fit (as perfectly as possible) with my miracle enjoyment coins. He did the same with a custom half dollar box which he measured/built to custom fit my barber set.

If he has not responded to you, keep trying.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
Thanks Cal. Craig and I made contact.
magojose|
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Best coin boxes in the market!
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I second the quality of Craig’s coin boxes. I’m also the proud owner of his custom made box. His attention to detail is excellent. The customer service also top notch

Cant go wrong with his works

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"