The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: AI tackles Tenyo -- Is this just the beginning...or THE END? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
I recently discovered that my web browser, Microsoft Edge, has a sidebar feature that apparently is powered by an AI engine of some sort. While logged into The Magic Café website, I clicked on a browser button labeled 'Insights' and was treated to photos of what appeared to be a plate of Café (!) food of some sort--maybe a mixed veggie salad--and a storefront that seemed to show a sidewalk Café located at 110 Magdalen Road, Oxford OX4 1RQ. Bizarre, eh? But wait--there's more!

Another sidebar button named 'Chat' invited me to chat about whatever topic I chose. I was not feeling in the mood for conversation just then, however, so I selected a third button labeled 'Compose," whereupon I proceeded to have my mind blown completely, to wit:

I was prompted to have the AI engine write a few paragraphs on the subject of my choice, in whichever tone I preferred--Professional, Casual, Enthusiastic, Informational or Funny. I chose my most recent magic purchase, typed in "Tenyo Mister Danger secret" for my subject in an 'informational' tone, and sat back to be enlightened by the computerized know-it-all. The results, which appeared after a few seconds, were as follows:

1st Draft (in which the AI program apparently decided to write about the wrong trick altogether)

"The secret behind this trick is a clever mechanism that allows the blade to slide through a gap in the finger holder, while a fake finger tip covers the real one. The fake finger tip is attached to a spring that makes it pop out when the blade passes through, creating the illusion of a severed finger. The performer then reveals that their finger is intact and shows the fake finger tip as a souvenir."

2nd Draft (completely fanciful in terms of the actual Mr. Danger mechanism, but concerning the correct Tenyo trick at least)

"The secret of this trick lies in the clever gimmick that is built into the case and the figurine. The figurine has a hollow body that can collapse and expand to avoid the swords. The case has two plastic clasps that control the movement of the figurine. When the lid is closed, the clasps push the figurine down and make it smaller. When the lid is opened, the clasps release the figurine and make it larger. The swords are thin and flexible, and they bend around the figurine without touching it."

3rd Draft (censored here by me, since the AI program pretty much nailed it, insofar as I understand how the MD mechanism functions)

Bottom line: I was already scared spitless of AI with its alleged potential to dominate all life on earth as we know it, and now I'm even more terrified. Anyone care to reassure me that things aren't heading to you-know-where in a handbasket? Anyone?
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.