The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Feather flower care video (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I decided that I need to post this in the open section for other members to see. This will give you the basics of how to use a heat lamp to reopened closed up blooms on a feather flower bouquet or prop. I have been instructing this way to open the blooms for over 45 years. There is so much misinformation that has been told over the years. This is the best way I have found, as taught to me my mentor, Horace Marshall the leader in feather flower magic, to open up closed blooms. Enjoy and feel free to write me if you have any questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUdOYK8SO0&t=81s.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Richard, this is an excellent video on opening feather flowers. Thank you for the link.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
761 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Richard is the flower man!!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Thank you for sharing this valuable information, Richard.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Richard, my friend:

Just curious about how many feather flower blooms/bouquets have you seen over the years that were severely rusted/discolored and otherwise damaged or destroyed by those who decided to "do things on their own" <like STEAMING them>?

The reason I ask this question is that it seems to me, at least, that for many magicians who own feather flowers that perhaps it is at least as important for them to know what NOT to do to care for their feather flowers, and you, more than anyone I know, are especially qualified to give them your advice.

Extremely well-made Feather Flower bouquets are not getting any less expensive, and while nothing lasts forever, taking care of your props properly will help them last for decades so that they look great onstage and are "Troupe-Worthy".
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
761 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I have in my collection of feather flowers from the 70's, and they are just as nice now as then, because I took care of them. Mine came from Abbotts but do not know if they made them. My blooming bouquet is perfect as the day it was made. They have been used extensively.