The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deck the Halls :: Art of Play's Ultimate Deck - Reviewed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gbabbits
View Profile
New user
I've only made
39 Posts

Profile of gbabbits
The Ultimate Deck by Art of Play x Stranger and Stranger. The opening product description of this deck is:

Quote:
a one-of-a-kind, luxury deck of playing cards showcasing stunning works of art on every card

While the deck 100% showcases works of art on every card, it does make me question what features a deck would possess for us to refer to it as luxurious.

There are 56 cards in the deck that include the standard 52 cards, 2 Jokers, and 2 ad cards. However, the "standard 52 cards" are anything but. This is not a deck you'd play a poker game with, do cardistry or fancy flourishes with, or show off how fast your classic pass is. No, this is a deck you have on your shelf and bring it out for special occasions to show off.

Every single card is different. Not just in artwork, but even how the pips and spot-values are represented. Some have roman numerals and some are even words. The artwork on each card ties into the value of the card, incorporating the correct number of pips for the specific card into the design. On one hand, I feel like the designs were art pieces that they simply put on the cards ... on the other, I think they may have actually designed each one individually -- just for this deck. Either way, it's pretty nice.

It's difficult to give a review of a deck that you wouldn't handle (though, the card stock is D&D's typical thin crush!). The only thing I can say is, you need to see this deck to believe it. Check out my review on YouTube where I show off each card individually: