The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: The Family Year One (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
The first year of Ben Earle’s subscription-based magic program, “The Family,” has just come to a close. The material primarily focuses on card magic, and while most of the routines are very simple, I consider this “high-level” magic. You get about two videos a week every month, which forces you to take it slow and absorb the information before the next video drops.

Every month subscribers receive a masterclass focused on one move/concept, two performance videos (with multiple live performance videos), two explanation videos, two director’s commentary videos, a podcast video, a documentary/”Are You Watching Closely” video, and occasionally a bonus video from Ben’s alter ego, Ian. Each video is beautifully shot and edited, and it oozes class and production value. It’s certainly one of the more expensive magic memberships out there, but when you see the quality of production, you’ll know why.

Follow the link below to read my full thoughts on the format, and see what is included each month.

https://www.magicreview.org/post/the-family-by-ben-earl

Madison
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Best online magic instructional. Period. Family member from day one.
It's all in the reflexes.
Scharin
View Profile
New user
Oakland, CA
6 Posts

Profile of Scharin
I agree with the previous comments on The Family. Absolutely the best instruction I have come across in my many years as a serious hobbiest. The effects are all simple & direct, but incredibly powerful. All require some sleight of hand, but the sleights are taught as part of the membership. I have to admit that at first I was wary of the membership, but accepted a free month offer and was hooked. I didn't think I had anything to learn about some of these sleights after doing them for over 20 years, but Ben's subtleties are enlightening. He focuses on the psychology of the moves & effects, and that is perfect for me at this point in my magic career. The Family is an excellent value for the money.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Where to find the family online?
Thanks in advance
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile