The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Chosen card arrives in the mail (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Thoughts or comments;
Card selected, spectator rips it up into several pieces, they keep one piece, remaining are vanished, burned etc.
Magician has spectator reach into his pocket and remove an envelope.
It is sealed and has postage along with a postmarked date from several days earlier, addressed to the magician.
Magician asks if spectators believe time travel is possible (or some other similar story line etc).
Spectator rips open sealed envelope and pulls out fully restored playing card minus the piece they had been holding.
I've performed this several times and have been getting the "hair on the back of the neck standing up" types of reactions.
People cannot wrap their head around the fact the envelope is postmarked legitimately from days prior, stamped and completely sealed and intact.
Interested in thoughts and comments or suggestions to make it better or patter other than or similar to the possibility of time travel.
Thanks for your thoughts-
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
This sounds super fun!

Taking it one step further, if you knew who you would be performing for, you could have the spectator receive a piece of mail with instructions not to open it, bring it to where they will see you, etc...

Ideally this sounds like a trick performed in an intimate environment, in your own home or in your spectator's. I do not see this playing as big outside of a home, but I may be wrong.

Instead of time travel, the letters could be coming from some unknown magician far away. If you have a friend in another state who could mail you the cards, so that not only are they postmarked, but postmarked from someplace far away, the effect would be amplified. You could say, "I've been receiving these strange letters lately..."
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Yes thank you I've always thought it would be better to have the postmark from far away just haven't gotten around to putting it together to mail to a relative to do for me.
Better yet from another country. And yes not a table to table or bar type thing but just for the intimate crowd. The reactions so far have been well worth the price of a stamp.
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Serge,

I would be happy to help with the project if a postmark from Detroit would suit your fancy.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2023, serge storms wrote:
Thoughts or comments;
Card selected, spectator rips it up into several pieces, they keep one piece, remaining are vanished, burned etc.
Magician has spectator reach into his pocket and remove an envelope.
It is sealed and has postage along with a postmarked date from several days earlier, addressed to the magician.
Magician asks if spectators believe time travel is possible (or some other similar story line etc).
Spectator rips open sealed envelope and pulls out fully restored playing card minus the piece they had been holding.
I've performed this several times and have been getting the "hair on the back of the neck standing up" types of reactions.
People cannot wrap their head around the fact the envelope is postmarked legitimately from days prior, stamped and completely sealed and intact.
Interested in thoughts and comments or suggestions to make it better or patter other than or similar to the possibility of time travel.
Thanks for your thoughts-

Can you share a performance? Or sell a copy?