The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The words we use :: The Paradigm Of Performance - The actors method for magicians and mentalists “ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Koveskali
View Profile
New user
Planet Earth
3 Posts

Profile of Koveskali
Thought I would offer this here as well, I have posted this to some magic facebook groups... I have been roughly writing a book over the last couple of years. It started as a side project during Covid lockdowns.
It is titled “ The Paradigm Of Performance - The actors method for magicians and mentalists “ and I thought that I would offer some parts, maybe even all of what has been written at this time as a small give back to the magic and mentalism community… and of course I would be interested to see what the reception to it is …
I have tried to keep it from being public by hosting it in a “forum blog “ on my website. If you would like to read the chapters I have put up so far, you’ll need to go to my website homepage : https://www.richardvegasmagic.com.au
Hover over the “ABOUT” section and the dropdown menu will reveal 3 subpages, the third is titled “The Paradigm” - click on that page and you will go through to the Forum Blog where the writings are hosted. Click on the “Create New Post” button and you will be prompted to sign up, once you do you will be able to access the pages hosted there and you will be notified when I put up the next chapters …
Having been on quite a few social media magic forums and groups over the years I have found that one thing that continually comes up is the question of magicians looking for advice or a process on how to construct a stage magic show.
My perspective is, a little different to most offered before, in that I take a theatre directors perspective and apply the actors process of character analysis and realisation, actor training and methodology and apply it to magic performances. It can be used as a tool of analysis, deconstruction and construction to the question of creation of original ideas and approaches for a magic or mentalism performance.
I know I am not unique in being an actor who is also a magician and I’m sure that I am not the first or only person to come at show construction from this perspective, but I think my experience is unique and I believe I have a unique and thorough basis of experience and insight to offer having been a professional magician for almost 25 years as well as concurrently been a professional actor, producer and director.
lele.lodigiani
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of lele.lodigiani
Thank you very much for give free access to your work. It's really interesting and a huge effort. See you soon for Q&A after the reading. ;-)

Lele