The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Scott Alexander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Just received news that Scott passed away of a stroke earlier, he was working on a cruise line at the time. This is devastating news, he was a friend and
I just can’t process it.

NM
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Very sad news... I understand he had a stroke, followed by a heart attack.
Those of us of a 'certain age' have to be careful... we aren't 21 any more!
I did a lot of business with Scott and he was a straight shooter. He will be missed!

JN
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Don
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Don
Sorry to hear this!

That is for sure!

Don
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Wow! He was so talented. Oh, man, this is a hard one to take. My condolences to his family.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I just saw this today on my wife's facebook. What a shock.
Really makes one think about things. Scott was younger than me by several years.
Worked with Scott over the years a lot, backstage, making props for his cruise ships productions and other things. He was a talented performer and worked hard.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
So sad to hear about this. He was a very talented and loved individual. My condolences to his family. RIP.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1002 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Norm. May he rest in peace.
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
54 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
A sad loss for the magical world. May he rest in peace.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
Scott was way too young at 52. I am still in shock. Definitely one of my favorite stage performers. His holiday videos are modern day classics that will live on forever. I just cannot fathom how he could come up with all that material every year.

For those that would like to help Jenny and Scott’s 3 teenage kids there is a Gofundme page.

https://gofund.me/19b38cd1
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
389 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Thank you for sharing the GoFundMe videoman.

Tremendous Artist and lover of Magic.. I am grateful for his generosity. May he rest in peace.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
What a tragic loss at 52 years old. I was fortunate to see Scott perform multiple times at the PA Renaissance Faire. He was a terrific performer and a really nice person (based on my after show conversations with him). Also a great creator.

Thank you for the GoFundMe info. I can't even imagine how his family is dealing with their loss. Scott Alexander will be missed!
Matt G
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
77 Posts

Profile of Matt G
In case any of you guys missed it:

The most popular headliner at Penguin Magic, appearing more than any other live guest we've ever had, Scott Alexander died very unexpectedly of a stroke while working on a cruise ship 2 weeks ago. He was only 52.

He left behind 3 young kids and his wife (and lovely assistant) Jenny who could really use some help right now.

Today, with the help of Scott's family we're selling a never-before seen video of Scott performing at the Magic Castle for $20. All $20.00 will go directly to his family. You'll be getting a great performance and helping a good cause.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18283