The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Pom Pom Prayer Stick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
I have Ali Bongo´s Pom Pom Prayer stick.
I have had this for several years and used it often, until about 3 years ago. I recently used in a kids show and got a tremendous responce from both adults and kids.
I now am thinking that it could in some way be used in a Harry Potter style show.
But I can´t think of what in the realm of Potter it could be.
I would be most grateful for any ideas.

Rick

Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Just a quick thought off the top of my head but the balls could be color-coded to the moving staircases:
Red leads to black, which leads to yellow which leads to, oh-oh, back to red, which leads to . . . etc.
BTW, it's a common mistake (perpetuated by dealer ads, no doubt) but it's "Pom-PON"; "pom-pom" is a type of AA gun.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Actually building on Mr. Marucci's idea it could be a "Port Key" instead with each pom-pon leading to a different local.

Or it could be a replacement for the sorting hat with each pom-pon representing a house (you'd have to replace the pom-pons so the were the right colours for each house.

Or you could replace the pom-pon's with two black ones a red one and a gold one and give a lecture about quidditch.

Or each pom-pon could represent a different Alchemical substance and the device used to illustrate a potion and how you should never mix the red substance with the blue substance, or wait thast should be green, no the green and red must never be mixed ect.

But then again these are all in violation of copyright so you can't legally or morally do any of them.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
I have yet to watch Harry Potter, and I rarely use the "Pom Pon" stick. I haven't found or come up with a good routine that I really like. So if anyone has one... and is willing to share.... please do.

Nevertheless, I would consider replacing the pom pons with other objects. Giovanni (sp?) did that with some Italian objects and came up with a funny patter.

Perhaps one could be a wand, and you could say, And when I pull on the wand magic things happen (and have a the other string go up). One could be a wizard hat (I would place that on top so it can rest on the stick) As you pull the wizard hat up, perhaps you could put it on your head and say a funny Harry Potter joke. Use a pair of glasses and perhaps put them on as well. Refer to "watching closely" because atached to this stick are four things that do some really strange things.

These are just some ideas.... in fact, I might even continue this thought myself.

hope this helps -cheers,

john
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Quidditch, of course! Payne's idea is a super one -- the pom-pons are quidditch balls.
And, with a little work, the stick itself could be altered to become a flying broom (Nimbus 2000, of course! <G>)
Love the quidditch idea. Sometimes the most logical answers are staring right at us! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I have a presentation that the children and the adults love. It is one of the highlights of my children's act. If anybody wants a copy (it is in a Word 2000 format), please e-mail or PM me and I'll send it to you. I may be able to save it in another format, but I use Word's tables and headings for a reason, which may not translate well.

Steven
Smile
Coram Deo
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Thanks guys.
Peter it´s a Firebolt now not a Nimbus.
Smile