The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Silkmagictricks.com going out of business sale (1/23/2023) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I received an email from Silkmagictricks.com stating they are going out of business and that many items have marked down sale prices. I thought this information may be of interest to members of this forum, so I'm sharing it here. This information is current as of 1/23/2023 .

"We've already marked many items down quite a bit, but now everything is an extra 20% off if you use the coupon code TWENTYOFF at silkmagictricks.com

We'll do our best to keep up with removing items from our site as the last of them sell, but thanks for your patience and understanding in the event we have to refund something for you.

Get the most savings by browsing our sale items and then taking the TWENTYOFF coupon after that!

Thanks so much for your support over the years and especially now when we can use it more than ever!

Your friends at Silkmagictricks.com "
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I've bought from them before, and will miss them. Still, this is a wonderful opportunity for the discerning magician to get some quality items at great prices!!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
They seem to be overwhelmed with orders right now. They took my order, my money, and have not responded to my several requests for order status.

BEWARE! Something is not right here......
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
They refunded my money. An email was sent to all who ordered asking for "patience", because they were way behind on orders. Their problem seems to be....they accept orders...or at least did...for items that were out of stock.

That is NOT good business.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
If you need silks ASAP and Silkmagictricks can't supply you we are available at DoveLite Silk.

Email me for a price list.

amazedwiz@yahoo.com
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I put in an order soon after announcement. I received all items delivered in a timely manner (10 days).

I also received a follow up email where they explained that they are removing sold out items as quickly as possible but surge in demand outpaced system's ability to keep up in realtime. If you ordered items which sold out before site could be updated, they will adjust order and refund accordingly.

Net, you can get some really great magic at highly discounted prices. But you may need to wait a bit to receive it and you might be refunded if an item sold out the day you ordered.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
It is unfortunate that they were not prepared for the rush of orders. But as far as I can tell they are doing the right thing in refunding money for items that were sold out. Sadly, a lot of online magic stores have antiquated webstore software.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
UPDATE, August 2023:

I've been reading reports on other magic discussion groups (on Facebook) that SilkMagicTricks.com website is still up and is continuing to accept orders , but that they do not fulfill the orders (and do not respond to emails inquiring about the status of the order) forcing their customers to file a complaint with PayPal or their credit card company to get their money refunded. Based on these reports I would not advise anyone to order from this company, even thought their still functional website gives the impression that they still have items for sale. Their going-out-of-business sale to sell off their remaining stock was earlier this year and I assume they are now out of business and have no remaining stock at this point.

It is negligent to leave a website up that gives the impression they still have items for sale. (and accepts orders). It's a waste of people's time who may be looking for a certain item , think they found it ,order it , and then after the order is never fulfilled they have to go through the hassle of requesting a refund from PayPal or their credit card company when it becomes apparent that there is no one minding the store.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks David!
Mister Mystery
Tim Roberts
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Tim Roberts
What’s up with silk magic tricks .com. I remember them having a huge going out of business sale so I bought up on stuff before I could never get it again. But now they are up and running like nothing ever happened. Thinking they may just had failed to take the site down I emailed them about a product and was told if I ordered it would ship Monday morning. Then I spoke with one of their suppliers who said he ask about them going out of business and they acted like they didn’t know they had.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2023, Tim Roberts wrote:
What’s up with silk magic tricks .com. I remember them having a huge going out of business sale so I bought up on stuff before I could never get it again. But now they are up and running like nothing ever happened. Thinking they may just had failed to take the site down I emailed them about a product and was told if I ordered it would ship Monday morning. Then I spoke with one of their suppliers who said he ask about them going out of business and they acted like they didn’t know they had.

Interesting. I wonder if someone else purchased the business and the domain name and decided to keep it going. A little bit of transparency about the situation from the new (?) owner (or the old owner) would be appreciated.

Tim Roberts
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Tim Roberts
I don’t think anyone bought it. The supplier I talked to I believe spoke to the old owner. Something just does not feel right here.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Interesting to see Silkmagictricks.com website still up and running almost a year after their "going-out-of-business" sale in January 2023.

They still have some items I want and good prices on those items ... I have attempted emailing to ask if the items I want are in stock and ready for immediate shipping. No response yet. I put one item in the cart and left it there. That generated an email several hours later reminding me that I had an item left in the cart and urging me to complete the transaction. I responded to that email asking again: "is the item in stock and ready for immediate shipping ?" No answer (yet). I'm curious to see if I get an answer or if this is just a ghost website that has been left running on auto-pilot ?
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I placed an order in December.
I have sent repeated emails with no response.
My money was taken but never received my order.