The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Linking Ring App (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The iOS version of the Linking Ring App had been acting flakey for months. It was slow to load content and sometimes failed to fully load the magazine selected. Unfortunately, things have gone from bad to worse. The app stopped loading anything at all. Just the spinning loading wheel. I thought maybe the app had become corrupted so I deleted it from my iPad with the intention to reinstall it and try again.

SURPRISE... The Linking Ring app is (currently) NOT AVAILABLE in the iOS app store. So disappointing!

Maybe Apple deleted it due to complaints about it not working?

I hope IBM takes this seriously and gets the situation corrected ASAP. This is my first year of a digital-only membership and I prefer using the app.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
I have not been able to use the since I installed it earlier this year. It kept requiring a code(I forget what it was called now) and when I asked it never really got answered. I see now if I try to open it, it just sits there. Hopefully they will be able to get it working again. I am also an iOS user so maybe it works on Android still.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I emailed Sindie late on Sunday and was hoping I'd hear back from her today. She must be pretty busy with other things (catching up after the holidays, perhaps). I sure hope someone at International is already aware of the problem and working to get it fixed. I'll be very disappointed if this is going to take months and months to resolve. I chose the digital-only membership mostly because there was an app.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Update: I received an email from Editor Sammy Smith. He confirmed ongoing issues with the (now unavailable) iOS Linking Ring app. He said IBM is seeking a developer to write a new app. No timetable was mentioned.

I'm just glad the leadership is aware of the problem. I suggested it would be nice if leadership was more proactive in keeping the membership informed/updated.

Mark