The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Can I perform a dice ACAAN? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Therealseanchandler
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Therealseanchandler
I created a method to do a dice ACAAN and within hours of posting it on IG, one of the best card magicians in the world, Jason Ladanye, messaged me to take my video down because, in his words, "it is unpublished and not yours to perform". No BS. I can share the screenshots. I didn't use the same method as he did, and this is a premise that he definitely does not own.i posted it anyways and added another method I created just today because it just motivated me to create as many solutions as I can for the dice ACAAN premise. I don't reveal any methods and I'm super proud of these tricks. Am I wrong to post the videos?
Mrexcane
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Mrexcane
Wow, I knew my friend and I weren’t alone.
We came up with a method we believe to be our own.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
925 Posts

Profile of mantel
PM sent
Mrexcane
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Mrexcane
PM’d you as well
bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
PM'd you as well!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21272 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If it is unpublished then what is the argument exactly? The legal and moral objections are too published work. How can anyone expect protections from unpublished work ? That is the point of publishing! Did you ever see him use any method to do the effect?

If you came up with it independently and if the method is not published and original with you then even IF you tipped your own secret this is your privilege. Nobody likes to hear this but it is true.

Mind you that is a lot of if words and conditions I laid out but with all of them then don’t sweat it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
59 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
I'm quite interested in this as a topic, not specifically with this routine but it seems a good example as watching it (asuming it's this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1EX5cRL6Eg) I realised a fairly easy way of accomplishing it. Now if that's not been published by Jason does that mean the solution I have found is fair game to use?

Thinking more generally here, and curious to hear both legal and moral positions. This particular routine is probably not something I would do personally, but there are other examples in magic that I've figured out a way to achieve an effect and thought I could use that same idea in a different scenario. Can I create and sell/consult based on my own reverse engineering?
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
There are certainly a number of ways to perform this but Jason has pulled off a great method that defies logic. I haven’t seen this version in print. It simply comes down to the control of three cards.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21272 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2023, JerryMN wrote:
I'm quite interested in this as a topic, not specifically with this routine but it seems a good example as watching it (asuming it's this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1EX5cRL6Eg) I realised a fairly easy way of accomplishing it. Now if that's not been published by Jason does that mean the solution I have found is fair game to use?

Thinking more generally here, and curious to hear both legal and moral positions. This particular routine is probably not something I would do personally, but there are other examples in magic that I've figured out a way to achieve an effect and thought I could use that same idea in a different scenario. Can I create and sell/consult based on my own reverse engineering?

If it is unpublished what protections can exist exactly?

Once it is purchased that comes with some very specific rights to a purchaser. Look into them because you will be shocked at them trust me.

If you came up with it independently and it is unpublished nobody can possibly tell you what to do with the results.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell