The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Performance Storytelling (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
A few tweaks here and there and my next book, “PERFORMANCE STORYTELLING! - The art of making your stories memorable!” will be available!

Provisionally looking at the 2023 Blackpool Magic Convention (16th. To 19th. February, 2023) as a launch date, although the publication may be on sale a week or two before then.

The book's target audience is ORAL STORYTELLERS (i.e. TELLING STORIES and NOT reading aloud from books!).

The material contained within the pages will also be helpful to magicians who use stories as a vehicle for presenting their magical effects (where the magic is used by way of illustration!).

In addition to the 'know-how' of selecting and delivering your tales, many stories are included, as are novelty puzzles and riddles with which to ENTERTAIN you audiences.

There is even a section entitled “Who Hires a Storyteller?” detailing the many opportunities and outlets where paid work is available!

For further details contact publisher and distributor, Russell J. Hall at Magick Enterprises, 82, Broad Street, Sheffield S2 5TG. United Kingdom. Or email: russell@magic2go.com
Stories....?....That's telling!
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Happy news!
I have been informed that my next book ('Performance Storytelling') is at the printers and should be available in a couple of weeks!
It is to be formally launched at the Blackpool Magic Convention on the 16th -19th February.
'Performance Storytelling' is full of stories, puzzles and riddles; with novelty 'bits of business' designed to aid storytellers in making their performances memorable.
Magicians also can benefit. Those looking for ways of building routines and presentations that give context to their magical effects will find inspiration here. 'Performance Storytelling' will help you to take your performance beyond, 'How did you do that?!' into a world of wonder and delight! And truly magical!
For further details and purchasing information contact Russell at: www.magick2go.com
I'm excited!
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
I thoroughly enjoyed "Tales of Enchantment" by Walt Anthony and your book sounds really interesting too!. Do you know if you will have a US distributor?
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 15, 2023, shadowsowner wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed "Tales of Enchantment" by Walt Anthony and your book sounds really interesting too!. Do you know if you will have a US distributor?

Thanks for your interest. Regarding your question, I am not sure, suggest you ask the publisher (see above link).

Leslie
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
Thanks -I will check!
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

“Performance Storytelling” - a bonus gift from the publisher!

Further information about my new book, “Performance Storytelling,” due for release at the Blackpool Magic Convention (16th. To 19th. February) and of special interest to storytellers and school teachers.

Accompanying each copy of the book will be a DVD-Rom containing over 250 eBooks!

Classic publications, like 'English Fairy Tales' and 'More English Fairy Tales' by Joseph Jacobs plus Hans Andersen Fairy Tales, The Brothers Grimm, Asbjornsen & Moe, etc. are included. A complete library on one disc, of stories and folktales from around the world by some of the most illustrious names in storytelling history! - It's free with the book!

For more details:
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Kudos - sounds like an amazing book
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Ashton Carter is a successful bizarre and storytelling magician in the United Kingdom.

This is what he says about my new book, “Performance Storytelling.”

“I can recomend this book to all storytellers. Leslie really knows his stuff and is one the most amazing people I have ever met. This book is a distilation of his life in storytelling looking at all aspects of storytelling and is beautifully written. It also comes with an extensive reference containing thousands of folk tales and stories from across the world on a DVD or USB drive.

I spent last weekend helping sell this at the largest magic convention in the world (Blackpool) and it was a best seller, so I may be biased... but biased in a good way. This book is such excellent value for money. Best book you will buy this year!”

What's in it?

You can read about it and buy it here.

https://www.magick2go.com/product/leslie......telling/