The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: SNOW DECK by Yoan TANUJI & Sebastien Calbry - Magic Dream Label (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Greg_MD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Greg_MD
Hi guys,

Here some new demos :
From Craig Petty on Magic TV Smile : https://youtu.be/dV6-BltsEws
From the creator Yoan at Blackpool Magic Convention - 2023 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITCYlpKFJ0

Quote:
On Feb 27, 2023, stp wrote:
I just ordered this directly at magic dream. I have access to the france tutorial, but is there also an english tutorial available?

Thank you! All access (French and English instructions of course) are printed on the packaging. Smile
stp
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of stp
I have to say that the "Do as I do" routine/idea in the English video is realy simple but also very great. I can't wait to receive my package so I can start practicing and build on the idea of the use of a second deck!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’m very happy with my purchase. It’s a great effect.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
I'm confused. Was the suggestion that the spec can't actually choose a red-faced card?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Any card can be chosen. And they guess correctly the back colour too. Blue or red.
Greg_MD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Greg_MD
The SNOW DECK is now available at Vanishing Inc. guys! Smile

Feel free to ask me if you have any question.

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2023, stp wrote:
I have to say that the "Do as I do" routine/idea in the English video is realy simple but also very great. I can't wait to receive my package so I can start practicing and build on the idea of the use of a second deck!

Thanks a lot for your purchase! Hope you like it. Smile

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2023, pegasus wrote:
I’m very happy with my purchase. It’s a great effect.

Thank you mate! Smile
KMagic
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of KMagic
I just received this from Steve's Magic Emporium. I'm very pleased. Just getting back into Card Magic and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on.

Great work!
Greg_MD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Greg_MD
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2023, KMagic wrote:
I just received this from Steve's Magic Emporium. I'm very pleased. Just getting back into Card Magic and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on.

Great work!

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Enjoy Smile
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of mandrax
This is indeed very good and a magician fooler.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Stupid question, but are instructions in English?
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2023, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Stupid question, but are instructions in English?

Yes
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
Some cool gaffs supplied and overall I liked this. But unfortunately not being able to remove the card from the spread was a deal breaker for me in this case.
Greg_MD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Greg_MD
Hi guys,

Just sharing 2 great comments I saw this week-end on social medias about the SNOW DECK. Smile

« Beautiful effect » - John CARREY

« It's not very often that I go out and do other people's effects, I use my own (obviously) but today I'm going to use this fantastic effect from the guys at Magic Dream in Paris. It is superb ! » - Chris CONGREAVE
Greg_MD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Greg_MD
Hi guys,

Magic Dream is in the spotlight in this weeks DEEP DIVE!

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjA6_aq9Zo

Thanks to our partner and friend Peter Nardi from Alakazam Magic for his invitation.

Yoan TANUJI tells you more about the Snow Deck, with demonstrations and exclusively a new original presentation (objects instead of playing cards) you will love!

Yoan teases also about next Magic Dream releases. Enjoy ! Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
It's a nice trick but you really need to be careful not to flash.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2022, Nikodemus wrote:
For me, this is spoilt by the [presumed] fact that the card itself cannot be held up to be seen. It looks good in the video, but IMO is much too restricted for real life.

Aldo Colombini had something similar where the named card could be handed out, plus also a lot of the rest of the deck.

Blizzard allows the whole deck to be examined. I think this is the benchmark for effects of this ilk. The presentation has built in misdirection to cover the method.

Aldo's version of the Blank Deck plot is called "Draw A Blank".
It's IMHO and according to several famous magicians statements as well, maybe the best and cleanest version of the aforementioned plot/principle ever.
For those who haven't ever heart of it, believe me. It's not a hype at all.
Simply, check it out.
You will find the performance of it on YouTube and the trick (of course with the respective explanation) amongst other great tricks by Aldo, in his "Essential Aldo Vol.1" DVD.

Andrew
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
As for the famous Blizzard by Dean Dill, I have to agree that this is one amongst the top three versions/methods of the Blank Deck plot so far. The one and only drawback (it could be just me) is that it requires misdirection (a pretty bold move such as a deck switch at a certain and maybe "hot" moment), if my memory serves me well.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Worth noting: It's a bit of a faff figuring out a handling that works with this deck if you're left-handed and spread right to left. Don't think this is even mentioned in the tutorial.

One thing I've added to give a bit more freedom with the spread is a r****ed pair of the back design and a blank card. A couple of these and you can reveal a named coloured back as you spread through.