The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Whats going on with Propdog? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1072 Posts

Profile of dman11
They haven't updated the website or youtube in over a month now...No more trailers or Friday afternoon lives on Youtube and no recent additions to the store site....Something is up, I hope they are ok
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
The shop was always winding down when Dave moved to Wales.
Must be getting to that time.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1072 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2022, reignofsound wrote:

What does that mean exactly? are they closing up?
Elmer 84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Elmer 84
Alex is doing his very best to keep things afloat. Alas, it appears things are beginning to wind down. Propdog is a strong brand. I hope it continues.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Ugh….I have been missing their weekly shows. Hope they’re ok.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2022, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2022, reignofsound wrote:

What does that mean exactly? are they closing up?

Presume so.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
They’re closing up their bricks n mortar store / HQ in favour of a web based shop. They were based in slough area which is mega expensive WRT rental. I’m sure they’ll be back soon as soon as they’ve consolidated.
Elmer 84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Elmer 84
Does that mean they're turning into another Murphy's dropshipper, with a few bits of their own?

Would be great if Dave could give us an update. I've always been a PD fan. I like their unique stance on bad product lines.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Has anyone heard or know what’s happening at PropDog, they are truly missed?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
The last thing that I bought from them was their Card wax........GREAT STUFF!
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
389 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Recently made an order without issue.
Dave's a good man.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Hi all, thanks for being so concerned with all things PropDog. I have now made an official announcement which you can read or watch. Many thanks, Dave.

FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/PropDog/videos/623682012896817

Official Statement from the PropDaddy - Dave Bonsall
Over the last few months there have been many rumours about PropDog and its future.

Although we have discussed this many times on the PropDog ‘Live’, it seems that not everyone watches them (and why not)? So I have penned this statement which can be shared among the magic community and is the official word!

PROPDOG IS NOT CLOSING DOWN!

Over the last 10 years I have throughly enjoyed running a ‘bricks and mortar’ shop in Hounslow, London. However, it did take over my life.

I opened PropDog with the mission to create and build magic effects and to make custom builds for magicians and although I occasionally did this, the shop was taking up more and more of my time, leaving me no time to do the things I really wanted to do with PropDog.

To this end, I have now decided to go back to my roots and setup a new workshop in rural Wales allowing me to focus on what I set out to do in the first place.

Due to the ever rising living costs, especially in London and losing a huge customer base due to Brexit hitting us hard and with our shop lease coming up for renewal at double the present cost, I have taken the difficult decision to close the walk in shop and relocate.

The current plan is to keep the walk in shop open until the lease runs out in August, but as we get quieter, it may not be financially viable to keep the walk in side open. We will keep you informed.

“But what about my Ring Flight Refurb” I hear you ask.

Don’t worry. You will be able to send it to an address that I will send you, once you have processed the order on-line.

PropDog will still supply the magic community with all the products that we have to offer from our PropDog range. You will still be able to purchase :

Bonsalopes
JOL Range of Wallets & Accessories
Lemons & Limes for Life
Silk to Egg Gimmicks
Ring Flight Revolutions and their Refurbs.
Pre-made and custom Close Up Pads
Custom Omni Decks
and everything else you have come to expect from the PropDog range of magic!
However, we will no longer be selling “other creator’s magic”, i.e. from Murphy’s and other magic distributors.

Also, I will be in a better position to release new ideas that I have been sitting on for the last 20 years.

Thank you to all that have visited the shop over the last 10 years and I hope you will continue to shop with us on-line.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Dave