The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: The Password is Always Swordfish (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1717 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I've recently restarted my magic blog. Last week, I performed a packet trick called "My Secret Password" by Robert Ball based on Jim Steinmeyer's classic packet trick, the "Nine Card Problem." I had a lot of fun performing again now that social distancing measures at work have relaxed.

The trick is fun to perform, so I wanted to share it with my fellow packet trick enthusiasts. I've written up my thoughts on the performances and included a link to a variation of the trick called "Bad Password" that takes the trick in a different direction. I've password-protected the write-up to protect the secrets from the idly curious and make the experience more enjoyable. PM me if you struggle to figure out the correct password.

Read The Password is Always Swordfish

Marty

P.S. I'm planning to publish a new post every Sunday. I'll also be launching a magic newsletter on Substack in the new year. If you like the content on the blog, you might want to subscribe to my Ruseletter, too.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Excellent news to have the return of The Marty Blog! Articulate, insightful & chalk full of useful info & tips. Bravo.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1717 Posts

Thanks, Inert. I appreciate the compliments, I'll do my best to live up to them!

Marty
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
294 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Great application of the Nine Card Problem. I'll be using it. Thanks!
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1717 Posts

I'm glad you liked it, terrillific. I'll be sharing a few additional handlings of the Jim Steinmeyer original on the blog soon, along with a two-person application of the "Nine Card Problem", which is also a lot of fun.

Marty
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1717 Posts

Here's a link to the blog post I mentioned above: I Got 9 Card Problems, But a Trick Ain't One!

Marty
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1717 Posts

And here's the final promo video my team edited together using the performance footage. Not my best work performance-wise, but the final video edit turned out better than expected.

Marty