The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: BEST app from the best - What do you think ? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KSan
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of KSan
Hey guys!

I had an android phone in the past and I was using DFB (easy setup, works without an internet and many possibilities) by Nick Einhorn and it's really awesome app. Now I have an iphone and for now I have only card2phone (also very good one). Soon I will have DFB also. But what others?

I read many posts and watched many videos but still not sure.

What are THE BEST 3 apps in your opinion ? You really use. Only workers that can be used on corporate/private parties during shows.
"mystery786
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of "mystery786
Go with Inject, WikiTest and iThump/Toxic+ ! These are one of the best magic apps out there.

You can also check out my effect - Lockscreen Prediction System which works with these apps.

https://www.facebook.com/lockscreenprediction
Check out MailFX - Ultimate Prediction Tool for Magicians and Mentalists

www.mailfx.app
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1760 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2022, amirmughal wrote:
Go with Inject, WikiTest and iThump/Toxic+ ! These are one of the best magic apps out there.

You can also check out my effect - Lockscreen Prediction System which works with these apps.

Going with Inject is a mistake, in my opinion. Greg will not respond to any question or provide any customer service. If you have any issues with the app greg will simply say "it works for me" if he replies at all. Then there's having to shell out even more money for a manual, which is ridiculous. Once Greg has your money, that's all he seems to care about. And it took forever to get any upgrade even though it was promised for over a year.

Greg also seems to have a habit of just pulling apps with no warning. I rather enjoyed Telefoto... then all of a sudden he stopped supporting it, so money wasted. All in all it's terrible customer service and should be avoided.

That said, iPhone does have the best apps on the market. Check out Marc Kersteins stuff, it's all great. And he will at least reply to you and take care of any issues, instead of just taking the money and running.
KSan
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of KSan
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2022, Chaz93 wrote:
Quote:

Going with Inject is a mistake, in my opinion. Greg will not respond to any question or provide any customer service. If you have any issues with the app greg will simply say "it works for me" if he replies at all. Then there's having to shell out even more money for a manual, which is ridiculous. Once Greg has your money, that's all he seems to care about. And it took forever to get any upgrade even though it was promised for over a year.

Greg also seems to have a habit of just pulling apps with no warning. I rather enjoyed Telefoto... then all of a sudden he stopped supporting it, so money wasted. All in all it's terrible customer service and should be avoided.

That said, iPhone does have the best apps on the market. Check out Marc Kersteins stuff, it's all great. And he will at least reply to you and take care of any issues, instead of just taking the money and running.

Thank you for that reply.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1760 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2022, KSan wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2022, Chaz93 wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for that reply.

No problem. I wish I knew that before I bought it. To be fair though, Inject does have a manual that comes with the app but it's basic and bare bones. If you really want to get into the nitty gritty, then you have to buy a separate manual that's not even from Rostami magic, but rather a user had to create it himself. But I didn't want to give off the impression that no instructions were included.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
The manual is written by Peter Neuthinger, you can get it in English and German - and it is superb! You find Peter easily in the Inject FB group. Yes, and it is true, Inject is massive and very complex, not easy to learn all you want to know, but nevertheless a superb app. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
And to be honest, I do not use many apps, but know and tested a lot... without wanting offending anybody, but my by far favorite developers are Marc Kerstein and Ian Pidgeon, great guys, fantastic developers who are improving their apps all the time keeping them always up to date and having an incredible reaction time if you run into problems or you find any bugs... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1438 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
My two favs are Inject and iThump. Sadly, yes Greg doesn’t offer the same support as other developers such as Ian Pidgeon (iThump creator who is SUPERB) but regardless Inject is a killer.

Here are two videos to give you an idea…

Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2022, simplymagicweb wrote:
My two favs are Inject and iThump. Sadly, yes Greg doesn’t offer the same support as other developers such as Ian Pidgeon (iThump creator who is SUPERB) but regardless Inject is a killer.

If you are a fan of Inject you will love P.E.P.

https://pepmagic.app
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
So many that I love--and ACTUALLY USE!

Too many to mention, but I will give a shout-out to one of the best that is rarely mentioned in forums like this. It is an older Marc Kerstein app called Xeno. If you want something that is versatile with many different performance options, all of which can be gotten into very quickly, give this one a try.

If I'm going to show someone just one thing, this is the app I most often reach for. Why?

• Apparently only the spectator's phone is in play
  • You don't need to touch the spectator's phone
  • Multiple peek options
  • Includes Apple Watch app
  • Very quick to "get into" and "get out of"

Like all his apps, this one is superb. If you don't have it, just go get it. You can thank me later.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
magicsiow1
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicsiow1
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2022, ParkinT wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2022, simplymagicweb wrote:

If you are a fan of Inject you will love P.E.P.

https://pepmagic.app

is P.E.P look like Flitch?
DoubleDutched
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
82 Posts

Profile of DoubleDutched
Apart from the ones that people have mentioned, I like Elips and QRGenie.

QR Genie can be an incredibly fast way to give both a prediction and your contact info.

Elips is the wikitest for music.