The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Alternating seconds with tops. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lafitte
View Profile
New user
Scandinavia
3 Posts

Profile of Lafitte
I have never practiced alternating second deals with tops until today and this is where I'm at after my first time practicing it for 15 minutes.

4 tops then 4 seconds 4 tops, 4 seconds, etc...

I would value any thoughts on it.

Thank you.
The world is not as it is, the world is as you are.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Seems pointless, even as a dealing exercise … focus on how seconds are actually used at the table (remember it’s not a race).

Anything with a total practice time of 15 minutes probably isn’t worth posting a video of here.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Lafitte
View Profile
New user
Scandinavia
3 Posts

Profile of Lafitte
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, Mr. Bones wrote:
Seems pointless, even as a dealing exercise … focus on how seconds are actually used at the table (remember it’s not a race).

Anything with a total practice time of 15 minutes probably isn’t worth posting a video of here.

If I had only been practicing the second deal itself for 15 minutes and came looking for advise on how to improve it specifically , then this part of your post I would understand.

However, this is not the case.

Besides, the first half of your post contradicts the second half.

I would rather practice doing something "pointless" for 15 minutes than practice doing it for 15 weeks and then ask for advice and be told it was supposedly pointless anyway.

Either way, your opinion has been noted.
Lafitte
View Profile
New user
Scandinavia
3 Posts

Profile of Lafitte
Perhaps by the good grace of Deity, these drills are less pointless.

Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, Lafitte wrote:
Perhaps by the good grace of Deity, these drills are less pointless.

Indeed they are.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, Mr. Bones wrote:

well said mr. bones!

iamslow Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
False deals of course can be used to stack the deck when pretending to count them: if you start with a deck in new deck order and deal tops and bottoms it will stack them in such a way that you can have the deck cut anywhere and deal any number of hands and you, that is the dealer, will still invariably end up with the winning hand. I do not know if that works dealing 4 tops and 4 bottoms and so on but it is something you might want to test and see for your amusement.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy