The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo 2023 coming soon… (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Finally opened my Mister Danger last night, agree the mechanism has a nice old school feel to it. Unfortunately the clear front door on mine will not stay attached. Looks like the "hinge pins" on the body of the case are too short and will not hold the door in place. Anyone else experience this?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Sorry to hear that John! It will be interesting to see if anyone else reports that problem.

Tenyo has a pretty good track record for issues with their props over the years but I do remember some years back where CRAZY SPOTS had issues. It was more than just one. It was at least several of them and I can tell you that they were from a run where Tenyo did not pack the trick in a clear cellophane bag. The missing bag was not the problem. The prop special something was not aligned properly.

Anyway, I am thinking that you should have no problem returning it for another one.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

I just had another idea for improving the prop. If you are the artistic type, you could paint a face, etc. on the fella. Just be sure not to get carried away to the point where you cannot tell the figure is solid and without any holes.

It is just fine the way it is but somehow, MR. DANGER stirs up ideas/possibilities for changes/variations. Kind of like a blank slate waiting for improvements.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2022, Magical Moments wrote:
Sorry to hear that John! It will be interesting to see if anyone else reports that problem.

Tenyo has a pretty good track record for issues with their props over the years but I do remember some years back where CRAZY SPOTS had issues. It was more than just one. It was at least several of them and I can tell you that they were from a run where Tenyo did not pack the trick in a clear cellophane bag. The missing bag was not the problem. The prop special something was not aligned properly.

Anyway, I am thinking that you should have no problem returning it for another one.

Thanks, yes very rare to have these types of issues with a Tenyo prop and yes don't think I will have any issue on replacement. Was just curious if any others had seen that. It is clever and can see why it is selling well. Our wish for another cool mechanical Tenyo prop was answered Smile
petegrimaud
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of petegrimaud
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2022, J M Talbot wrote:
Finally opened my Mister Danger last night, agree the mechanism has a nice old school feel to it. Unfortunately the clear front door on mine will not stay attached. Looks like the "hinge pins" on the body of the case are too short and will not hold the door in place. Anyone else experience this?

Received mine today and yes have the same problem the front door falls off very easily.
Very clever how it works though.

Peter.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The issues are a little discerning. I ordered mine form Penguin almost 2 weeks ago (they say they are 5 to 7 days backed up on shipping). Now Penguin is out of stock on this particular Tenyo item. So if mine has issues, I guess it is just a refund.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Guys.... found an easy fix that worked for me to fix the issue of the Door not staying on. I boiled some water and poured in a bowl. I dipped the two clear hinge tabs on the clear door into the hot water for 5 seconds or so. Then gently squeezed the tabs inwards a bit. The door now fits perfectly and does not come off. Was a quick fix that worked great for me. Thought I would share.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Great tip! Thanks for sharing!
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
713 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Mine unfortunately doesn't lock in place after I put the plastic corners. The lower left corner comes out …Any other experiences this?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

I am curious to know if anyone else is having any issues with the prop. There have not been any new reports for a while now.

Maybe it was just a few with the issues mentioned. I do know that breaking it in seems to be necessary. I opened another one out of curiosity and it was pretty much the same as the my first one. No issues really but a tiny bit of noise when that special something takes its place. Not a concern at all because it happens when a clip is being used at the same time.

Anyone else think that MISTER DANGER is one of the best Tenyo props ever? For me, it was a very pleasant surprise! I still use it. Easy to carry around so goes with me often. You never know when you will need to amaze someone. Smile

Vogler, have you resolved that issue you were having?