The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Magic EDC (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am curious what people carry in their "every day carry" when it comes to magic. I'm not talking about for a gig, I'm just talking about what you keep on you at all times that you could use for a bit of impromptu magic. I would also be interested in some examples of what you do with what you carry.

I have been more interested in this subject lately. I am trying to have a really good EDC that doesn't require me to put anything in my pockets that I wouldn't normally do. So, here is my current EDC:

WALLET:
A single playing card for a mentalism routine I developed.
A pencil/pen through credit card gimmick.
A small packet trick that I developed.
A cardboard holder the size of a credit card that has three un-gimmicked quarters and a gimmicked coin through ring quarter.
... I do coins across similar to Greg Wilson,
... I do a transposition with coin and paper napkin inspired by Craig Petty's coin and sponeball transposition routine,
... And, of course, coin through ring.

KEYCHAIN:
A small BIC pen for Greg Wilson style routines
A "copper/silver" key set
The same keys for key & ring routine.

CELL PHONE HOLDER:
A napkin for Dan Harlan's starcle
A few rubber bands for a version of Jeff McBride's routine based on Stargazer

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD:
A few more good mentalism routines, maybe something really good that fits on a single paper that is credit card size.

KJ
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
In my wallet I carry "i hate david Copperfield" by Geoff williams.

I also have a picture of chuck norris in my wallet.
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
128 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
At the moment I carry a Himber wallet with billets and a small Fisher space pen.
In the wallet are business cards set up for Volition and Stegosaurus.
Also included are 10 marked ESP cards, ENVision by Collin McCloud, pre-folded bill for serial number divination (including TOXIC), Will to Read, a 7 of Spades for Bryn Reynold's Seven, and a bill set up for Garcia's Fraud.

Phone with Wikitest and DFB.

This all packs small.

If I'm feeling it I'll throw in a deck of cards with a couple extra bits including a Psypher card (and sharpie), Counterfeit and French Kiss by Wayne Houchin, and Angle-Z.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2022, Fedora wrote:
In my wallet I carry "i hate david Copperfield" by Geoff williams.

I also have a picture of chuck norris in my wallet.

picture of chuck norris... that is what I'm missing.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On May 17, 2022, Mind Circus wrote:
... Bryn Reynold's Seven, and a bill set up for Garcia's Fraud.

Glad you hear you found 'SEVEN' worthy...thanks!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
128 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
Quote:
On May 22, 2022, mindhunter wrote:
Quote:

Bryn

Thank you for the great routine! I have a himber wallet with the 7S and a QH loaded in each side. This way I can do a predixion style force with a free choice of the final two cards using the himber. I can also use one of those cards for Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin.
I've also been using "your lucky nite" regularly and getting great reactions. I've loaded the envelopes with fake million dollar bills from amazon, borrow a large bill from a spectator, and have the spectator rip the envelopes one by one as a sort of russian roulette type routine. PATEO in play. Great routine.

I highly recommend the Safwan Papers. I need to pick up Logar Scrolls!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On May 22, 2022, Mind Circus wrote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2022, mindhunter wrote:
Quote:

Bryn

I've also been using "your lucky nite" regularly and getting great reactions. I've loaded the envelopes with fake million dollar bills from amazon, borrow a large bill from a spectator, and have the spectator rip the envelopes one by one as a sort of russian roulette type routine. PATEO in play. Great routine.

I highly recommend the Safwan Papers. I need to pick up Logar Scrolls!

I'm glad you enjoy! And FYI,Amazon is now carrying some EXTREMELY realistic $100 bills (simply search "movie prop money.)

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I carry a small card wallet holding four Aces for Dr Daleys last card and twisting the Aces. I aslo carry a version of B'wave. Add a few rubber bands I'm good to go with CMH, Jacobs ladder, Stargazer and a few others.

For each prop I have 3-4 effects I can do with them. This came from a excise of getting the most out of one prop.

Hope this is of some use
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I carry my Orphic Plus Wallet and my Quiver Plus Coin Purse. All I need!

Doug
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
128 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2022, Dougini wrote:
I carry my Orphic Plus Wallet and my Quiver Plus Coin Purse. All I need!

Doug

What do you use the Orphic and Quiver for?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yesterday I used the wallet to switch business cards. The purse I changed Swedish coins into American.

Doug
Gwydeon
View Profile
New user
Germany
6 Posts

Profile of Gwydeon
In my EDC you´ll find a TT with a squareshaped hankerchief (stashed in the watch-pocket), a half dollar coin, a small wand (my wife is eyerolling because in every free minute I'm spinning the wand) and 4 mini-baseballs (to get them a "used" style)
Christian Wilde
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Christian Wilde
I have the Nexus wallet as my everyday wallet with a few blank business cards for some light (or strong) mindreading. I found a multitool key fob a few years back that contains a magnet. On that magnet is a coin with an iron core so I never lose the coin. The magnet acts as a holdout during rutines. I usually have a deck of cards in my pocket. Simple EDC that gets me by.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
My EDC:
On top of the SOH which can be done and various FASDIU card tricks if I borrow a deck a of cards; in my pockets I have a Steel Money Clip Peek Device, Prodigy Peek, a CCK, and a packet trick holder that has B'Wave and Close Up Illusion by Larry Jennings.
I am working on Prohibition Monte (put out by 1914) to also be carried in the packet trick holder.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Regular key chain has a key ring for Gregory Wilson's Florida Keys routine. Separate key ring has Gregory Wilson's, FreaKey.
Wallet is a 2015 release, The Undercover Wallet that has a mini zipper to an inside compartment and a slot to move a card to the outer back of the wallet for a full peak, steal or bring a card in to cause a reveal from the inside.
Example routine- A credit card and a gift card are removed from the wallet showing nothing else in that compartment.
Assistant holds the two cards in between their flattened palms together.
Performer removes one of the cards, covered from view and places it in his pocket, different from where wallet is.
Assistant is asked to think about shopping with one of the cards, describes what they might purchase, etc.
Assistant opens their palmed hands to reveal which card remains.
Performer shows that the card he took is no longer in the pocket that it was placed in. Then takes wallet from hip pocket and draws the other card from the zippered compartment. Banter/patter is chosen based on which card they had been thinking of in contrast to the one that is removed from the wallet.
Plenty of funny to throw in related to commercials; "Don't leave home without it." - "My wife left home without it." - "What's in your wallet?" - "Mastercard- It's everywhere you want to be." - "My/Your credit is no good here." - "Well I have gone over my credit limit. -With these jokes.", etc.

I was going to begin using Overdraft for this routine but decided to wait for Gregory Wilson's, MasterCon to be released. Can you tell I'm a fan of Greg's work?
MasterCon seems to be delayed being released for some reason. It shows, "Out of stock", "This product has been discontinued." at Penguin instead of "Pre-Release".

If Christopher Rawlin's, Hide-a-Key turns out a quality production run I plan to add that in. Hopefully he sells out, does another production run and adds extra keys to the set.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Balthasar
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
18 Posts

Profile of Balthasar
I'm just a hobbyist for 30 years but this is mine at the moment.

1: I always carry a deck of cards. I like to practice and timen flies by, so if I have to wait somewhere, I fiddle around with my cards.
2: I need a pen, so my pen of choice is the perfect pen from john cornelius. (I know old effect, but for me practical to carry around.)
3: My first wallet I ever bought Orphic, I love it, minimalistic just what I need.
4: First one in the wallet is overdraft. (great worker that trick)
5 second one in the wallet is the inner circle card with loops. ( I Think there amazing, bought the loops from Eddy, better quality and much cheaper)
6 Third one in the wallet is gossip from Craig Petty. ( Learned a lot from him the last few years, commercial good stuff, I love his work)
7 a thumb tip, need I say more? you can use it for almost anything.
8 Flite from Steve Thompson, My 2 keys from my home on it, so it's no extra space. Changed it a little bit. One side is sharp, made it smooth, The little "thing" I welded with MIG welding, so that will never come of.
9 2 sponseballs
10 Some apps on my phone... again no extra space

I know sounds like a lot, but well I'm a fellow that is always in a suit, so for me this is ok
life is like a box of chocolates
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
I stick four half dollars in my change pocket when I go out. Good for coin magic or if someone needs bus fare. Sometimes, I magically produce the bus fare. Good fun.

I always have a lighter or two on me, so I can do a paddle trick or a color-change (or if the lighters are the same color, a multiplication).

I roll my own cigarettes so T&R cigarette paper is fun, and I am fair-to-middling at making a lit cigarette disappear and appear a few ways.

I often have a deck of cards on me. Dr. Daley's and Twisting the Aces are go-to's, sometimes ending with Harry Lorayne's 4 of a Kind that I get set up for when first retrieving the Aces.

A folded bill for a bill change, sometimes. Sometimes I fold two ones together and instead of changing a one into a larger denomination, I "split" the bill into two.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7580 Posts

Profile of RNK
$2 dollar window by Noblezada, Stimulus by Chad Long, my Sponge Horse, and lately I have ben carrying All Screwed Up by Doc along with Slipstream by Eric Stevens. Truly a fun routine.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Mindboggler
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Mindboggler
Tom celica sneezes and a cigarette shoots out of his pack of cigarettes he mentions Abbott magic shop for his gimmicks but I'm unable to fin this gimmick please help the gimmick goes into an empty pack of cigarettes and two cigarettes are loaded inside when your ready to shoot the cigarette out you push a button on the side of the pack that releases the mechanism that shoots the cigarette out .....does anyone know where to find this and or know a quick fix to rig one up ????