The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Theatrical magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
Hello... I am entering a competition and I want a special act. I don’t want to get up there on the stage and just perform magic. I want a plot something behind my act. Were I can move around in the audience and act out my little act and throw in some magic like mission improbable - you are tiring to protect the secrets of magic and you throw in effect while acting out the skit. Any advice on a story line-skit, I am 12 years old if that helps.
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
How about a plot where you are telling a story about going to a party. At the party, strange and wonderful things were happening all around you.

Lots of possibility for demonstrating things you saw happen with your own two eyes but can't explain how they were done. What you can do depends on your knowledge of Magic.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
Quote:
On 2004-07-06 21:44, G. LaBarre wrote:
How about a plot where you are telling a story about going to a party. At the party, strange and wonderful things were happening all around you.

Lots of possibility for demonstrating things you saw happen with your own two eyes but can't explain how they were done. What you can do depends on your knowledge of Magic.

Has that been used or am I free to use it in a junior compititon.
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
As far as I know, you are free to use ANY story you like for a junior competition. Story/Patter are free. Maybe there are some limitations to your competition I don't know about, but I suspect you can say what you like. If there are any weird rules for your competition post them here and someone can help.

Good Luck,
M
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
I came up with the idea on my own and found that it gave me a reason to do different, unrelated magic tricks. I was just telling about all the strange events and people I meet at a party.

ie: Then there was this other guy that was turning water into juice. Another person would put things in his hand and they would mysteriously vanish. One lady even floated off the floor. etc. Apperances, vanishes, trading places, broken and restored, predictions. Use your imagination. Use your powers.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."