The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: COINSPIRE by Sven Lee Worlds First Binary Magic Coin Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
570 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
I am always on the lookout for coin mentalism WITHOUT sleights or bends. A few years back I was hooked to Inspyring Coin by Unknown Mentalist.

Last year I got another such gem. First the blurb.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/15202

"COINSPIRE is the world’s first binary magic coin set.

A set of 2 high quality copper coins. Each measuring about 1.25 inches in diameter.

Based on a classic principle but with a special secret twist. A spectator makes a free choice from any list of over 30 different choices. There is no force and it is a free and fair choice. Using the classic method in combination with the secret twist, the performer easily divines the spectator’s thought of choice.

Nothing is written down. There are no sleights and the methods are self working but easy to learn and perform.

With just this set of 2 coins in your pocket, you are always ready to perform a wide variety of miracles.

No sleights required. Even if you have never performed a coin trick in your life, you can easily start performing with these right away. Sheer Coin Mentalism. The coins can be handled freely by both performer and participants before, during or after the routines.

Included is a pdf of 10 routines as below.

1. Celebrity Divination
2. Dream Holiday Divination
3. Living and Dead Test
4. Birth date divination
5. Birth month divination
6. Zodiac Sign Divination
7. Day for Any Date Test
8. Card At any number
9. Newspaper Headline divination
10. Superhero Divination

You can even create your own routines and the only limit is your own imagination."

At $30, this was a great buy for me. It is the basic binary principle but on copper coins. This gives even the usual binary routines a surreal feel. The 10 routines although good, are only indicative. I could easily come up with several of my own.

The best part is now I am able to combine Inspyring Coin and these for some really cool routines. This was another good buy for me last year.

As an aside, the similarity in names of both my fav coin mentalism tools is quite surprising Smile
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
The reusable Svengali pad by Sven Lee and a few others I got were great. Was not aware of this one. Now this too is on my to buy list for this month.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
I got this and happy with the purchase. This is just the classic binary trick on a pair of coins. I can say a fine example of sheer coin mentalism - without any sleights.

The pair of coins are well made and the 10 routines included are just the tip of the iceberg. The possibilities with this set of coins are literally unlimited.

It is not only easy to learn the included routines, but also very easy to make up new routines on the go, as per situation and requirement.

I'm surprised that no one ever thought of using the binary principle with coins until the 21st century or maybe proper research may prove the 'world's first' claim to be false.

Either way, I'm going to use this a lot. This set of coins will now live in my wallet along with Inspyring Coin by Unknown Mentalist - both of which are great coin mentalism props without sleights.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
593 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Received mine in the mail yesterday. Standard binary trick on 2 coins/both sides. I like it, but am not sure I will work much with it as the size of the numbers seem small to me.
Luckily that doesn't effect the magician/mentalist, only the reader.

Also think I would have preferred 4 coins. Only a preference.
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
Maybe someone can help me. I have this trick but didn't open it until now. I went to the website but it no longer exists. It is www.svenlee.live. Can someone give me, or link me to, the instructions? My password for it is "BinaryCoins02".