The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Non card effects for stage manipulation act (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
720 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Αfrer years of practice I have create a small card manipulation routine. I would like to add some manipulations with other objects maybe silks? I need some non card stage effects that could be included for variety. I have in mind a short silent act like 6 minutes or less. Any suggestions?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Watches, coins, candles, thimbles, cd discs, silks, flowers.....there are so many ideas. Look at the what the old vaudeville act used.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of Julie
Golf or Billiard Balls = tons-o-stuff in the literature: silk to ball, diminishing ball, color changing ball, vanishing/reappearing ball, regular ball to giant ball, multiplying balls, ball to silk to dove and more!

Have FUN Smile

Julie
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
720 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I wanted some sources on these kind of effects
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Vogler, what do you mean by sources? Books, video of acts? What?

You have to make a decision of what interest you. Coins, Dollar Bill, silks, Doves, Candles, Fire, parasols, oriental hand Fans? Then invest in all the published material for your choice, then build an act unique to you.

Do you have the finale for your card productions? Producing jumbo and giant card fans?
Do you have your manipulation tables you use on stage? Are you wearing formal tails suit, or tuxedo?
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2021, Vogler wrote:
I wanted some sources on these kind of effects

'The Tarbell Course in Magic' by Harlan Tarbell,
'Greater Magic' by John Northern Hilliard,
'Rice's Enyclopedia of Silk Magic' (Vol 1 - 4) compiled by Harold Rice and various contributors
'Routined Manipulation ,Volume 1 and 2' by Lewis Ganson
'Routined Manipulation: Finale' by Lewis Ganson.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Leventmagic.com has DVD's and material on manipulations, with silks, Miser's Dream, aka coin productions, and a number of other items. Check it out.

I recommend as well, Ron MacMillan's DVD explaining his complete stage coin act, made and created by International Magic in London England. www.internationalmagic.com

The Modern Art of coin Manipulation by Ron MacMillan and Walt Lees, is a self published book on Ron's Coin act. It may be out of print, but you can search and ask at the magic reference above. Published in 1981, I purchased it at a convention, and Ron autographed it for me.

He also performed Billiard Balls. He explains what you need to know on how to steal items for production.
https://www.internationalmagic.com/p/gen......ture-dvd

Ron passed away in 2005, but his magic lives on today.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
720 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Thank you so much Mr Todd and mr Hegbli, I will look at your recommendations. Very valuable advices.