The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Vick Lawston's Catalog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
When I was a young magician, back in the 60's I use to buy my magic from this catalog. I have fond memories of ordering my magic from this catalog.

Some tricks were not so great, others were impressive, but all of them brought to where I am today with my career in magic.

If anyone has one of these catalogs for sale, I would like to buy it.

Many years later I got to meet Mr. Lawston at a magic convention in St. Louis, MO.

Click here to view attached image.
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Steve, head over to eBay, there's usually a couple there. I found a couple there and bought them a while ago. What did you think of Vick when you met him? I talked to Paul Diamond one time
about him and he had only met him once and they only talked for a couple of minutes.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Tom, I checked eBay and several other places on the Internet....still looking.

When I met him it was only in passing...just said Hello and how I use to buy from him. I don't know how old he was but he was up in his years...
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
20 years ago you could pick up a Vick Lawston catalog (I did) for about $4.00 on eBay. Since then they've become more collectible, not just for nostalgic magicians of a certain age, but for pop culture collectors who are into collecting what they perceive as "camp" items. Now the prices are more like $30 - $50 , depending on condition.