The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Zippidy doo dah LUCK! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
When I see my doctor for a check up, I've been showing him a magic trick with each visit.

I had just made up a set of business cards, with "Out To Lunch" printed on the back. I had the cards set up in my pocket. I showed my doctor the boy on the rope, had him initial the basket, pulled the card out of the stack and had him initial the front.

He marks the front of the card, and then TURNS THE CARD OVER to make sure his initials are on the back! I figured I'm screwed, but, inadvertently, he's holding the card with his fingers over the top of the image! He checks the initial and turns the card back to face up.

I finished the trick and showed him that the boy had disappeared, replaced by the "OUT TO LUNCH" sign. But it was a tight moment there.

Sometimes, you just get dumb "zippedy doo dah" LUCK!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
763 Posts

Profile of Fedora
That's a lucky thing to happen!

I'm not familiar with what your describing, but perhaps you can
keep the card in your hand for the signing?
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
You lucked out on that one and got a real miracle!!

Let's hope your doctor was a bit more observant when performing your physical!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Fedora wrote:
That's a lucky thing to happen!

I'm not familiar with what your describing, but perhaps you can
keep the card in your hand for the signing?

It had been awhile since I did that trick, I got sloppy.

"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax