The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: E.R. Hutchison (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MikeLarkin
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of MikeLarkin
Hi.

Just wondering what people think of Mr Hutchison's work. He has a book out called Hypnosis: Clinical, Social And Theatrical Uses. Is it a good resource? Are there better books available covering similar themes?

Bonus points if people can give me some thoughts on his book Mental Mysteries, and his trick Future Foretold. The latter I am particularly intrigued by, as no-one seems to have it! Does it get sold under a different name?

Thanks!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Do I get bonus points for doing over 300 shows a year for about 30 years and never having heard of him?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MikeLarkin
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of MikeLarkin
Surprised no one has heard of him. He seemed to have been reasonably prominent at one time.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No one said they've never heard of him or these books. I've got his books, just not a lot to mention. They were nice books written from a professor and primarily a therapist position. Neither set the hypnosis or mentalism communities on fire, but I liked them, thought they were decent, but no they don't seem to be on many's must-read list.

Well-written, nicely bound, well structured books though. Ed used to be a member around here around the time they were released and a bit before. Very nice man.

I didn't find much ground-breaking about entertainment-based performance hypnosis that I can remember.

Future Foretold is a card effect with a prediction. Nothing earth-shattering. Card is in an envelope and it matches the card a spec stops at and turns up.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Actually if you read my post I said I never heard of him.

And I hasten to mention that you never ever mentioned him to me when we talk so there.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Actually that was one of the first books I read that helped hypnosis make sense to me.
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
MikeLarkin
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of MikeLarkin
Ho ho - so he's not that bad after all! Thanks very much.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nobody said he was bad, I just never heard of him is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
One of these is for sale used downstairs in the book section
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Djin
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:
Do I get bonus points for doing over 300 shows a year for about 30 years and never having heard of him?

Yes. Bonus points duly awarded.😂
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Thank you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus