The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: DeeDee? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Ok, on one of the David Blaine specials he tells a few spectators of "deedee" and the first magic trick ever recorded in history (which was the "de-" and recapitation of a live chicken. Is there any truth in this? If not, does anyone know of the first magic trick ever recorded?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
In several of the books on the history of magic, including Milbourne Christopher's Illustrated History of Magic, the story of Dedi, who performed this very item, is mentioned. The source is the Westcar Papyrus, which, at the time Chrisopher's book was written, was in the State Museum of East Berlin. This papyrus dates back to roughly 1750 BCE.

Dedi supposedly performed this feat for Cheops and his son Dedephar.

And this is probably the oldest magic trick ever recorded. The method is not given.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Bill Kalush is a close advisor to Blaine, and he gave a talk at the past Conference on Magical History about the magic tricks that existed before books... he was very informed here. At first I thought it was a put on, but it was really factual stuff. Brilliant, wish I had a copy of his script.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com