The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Found Objects - true Impromptu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have just released the first of several eBook in a Series called "Found and F.U.N."

This means using candy, nuts, pebbles, coffee creamers, etc. in profound ways.
Nothing in you pocket, nothing gimmicked - just special sleight and techniques for strong magic or a Prelude to other effects.

The first is "Single Stone" with 15 effects for the use of a single found object and sometimes a found container like a coffee mug or spectator's hand.

Pending releases are "Pair of Stones," "FistFull off Stones" and "Pile of Stones" -- and more later.

The Moves, Sleights and Stratagems taught can be used of borrowed objects like coins and finger rings too.

Plus, a lot of techniques for audience engagement and the "why" or "when" aspects as well as the "how."

These feature Sway Methods that allow for the showing of both hands to be empty between actions.

The F.U.N. part is Foresight, Utility and Nurturing as a complete routine development process.

I have performed some of these for sixty years and it is time to pass the knowledge on.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I'm a sleight-of-hand guy and if I don't have my coins...the big ones, you know - or cards, my "go to" prop is metal bottlecaps. Usually, at a bar or restaurant you can find some (from a bartender or waiter) or in a home, in the kitchen. I can make my hand look even better when palming with a metal bottlecap than with a half-dollar. Ideally have 2 that match so you can have one in a left pocket, so after you do a "fake 'put'" into your left hand, then make it "disintegrate", you can produce it 'again' by ducking your left hand into your left pocket and are now having 2 in-play. You can do neat stuff like rub one into an elbow and it comes out the other elbow and things like that. I've been known to put my wallet in my belt at the back like the giant coin thing, so my ending can be to change the bottlecap into the wallet! In time honored fashion, your misdirection is to produce a bottlecap from a spectator's elbow - then do the wallet thing. If I can't find a bottlecap or 2, I do the quarter into the sugar packet. Is it David Harkey's version?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Glad to see that you are into Impromptu and using simple, available objects.

Then you will love these books, Gregg, as they show ways to enhance the effect you discuss by being able to show your hands empty between phases and
vary the phases in case of a repeat audience. The objects rarely matter and bottle caps can work for some of my methods, but not others.

I will be dealing with flat objects and borrowed coins, caps, etc in the eBook "Yours, not mine.'
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I just released the second eBook in the Series - this one is for Effects using exactly two object with the special opportunities therein.
See a more complete description under Table Hopping.

"Pair of Stones" - more than a hundred pages of Effects, methods, theory, insights and new Sleights.

more to come ...