The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Liability Insurance through IBM in 2021 - HMK vs BXS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I went to re-up my liability insurance and it looks like the IBM has a new partner in offering coverage called BXS.

Does anyone know why there was a change from the older carrier - HMK? Does HMK still offer policies to IBM members? Has anyone had experience with either of these companies they are able to share in terms of claims, customer service, etc?

Thanks! I perform magic full-time and the idea of performing without coverage makes me nervous. Any help is appreciated.

Brett
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
After reaching out to HMK they have informed me that they no longer offer policies though the IBM, so I'll be looking at the coverage by BXS.

I'm still interested in hearing if claims have been filed and what the experience has been, at least to the extent that the law will allow disclosure. As important as GL insurance is, I can't recall anything substantial ever having been written about it in our trade publications.