The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Hot off the Press! :: NEW RELEASE: Wonder Playing Cards - Scarlet Edition! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

Last summer my pal Chris Hage released his amazing Wonder Playing Cards with many of you in our Café community supporting his project.

Well, the project was so successful that Chris has been working extremely hard to follow up with a brand new release!

Wonder Playing Cards - Scarlet Edition

Beautiful playing cards printed by The United States Playing Card Company

The second deck in the Wonder Playing Cards series, these beautiful playing cards are designed for everyday gameplay and sleight of hand card magic.
These cards embody the essence of wonder.

• Printed by the world's leading playing card manufacturer THE UNITED STATES PLAYING CARD COMPANY.
  • Produced in collaboration with Art of Play, a pioneer in custom playing cards, games, and puzzles.
  • Fulfillment by Art of Play.
  • Metallic ink on the card faces.
  • Two foils and embossing on the premium matte tuck.
  • Poker Size for familiarity and comfort.
  • Embossed Card Finish for superior handling.
  • Classic High Quality Paper Stock for maximum durability and performance.

THE TUCKS...

We're excited to once again team up with Clove St. Press to produce a gorgeous letter-pressed tuck case that incorporates their industry leading techniques.

Elegant, clean and beautiful. Wonder tucks are expertly crafted to feature the stunning paisley design on the front and the back of the tuck using a rich red foil on deep red premium matte paper.

• Produced by Clove St. Press
  • Deep scarlet red card stock
  • Vibrant red FOIL STAMPING on all sides of the box and interior flap
  • The tuck case will be strategically EMBOSSED for an extra luxurious touch

SPECIAL GILDED DECKS...

SILVER GILDED

RED GILDED

GOLD GILDED

THE COLLECTORS BOX...

The most popular reward in the previous campaign were the limited edition collectors boxes, so we're bringing them back and they're better than ever.
I've redesigned these luxury magnetic closure boxes to highlight the beautiful paisley design accentuated with beautiful red foil.

• The red gilded deck and a standard red Wonder deck are included in the RED/WHITE Wonder collector box.
  • The limited edition GOLD/RED collector box is only available in the Premium and Elite tiers and includes the gold gilded deck and the silver gilded deck.
    If you want one of these exclusive boxes, you MUST pledge for one of these tiers.

SPECIAL THANKS

There are many people who have contributed to the success of this campaign including my wife, Janice, who puts up with my crazy ideas.
Kevin Reylek who provides consistent and valuable advice on everything playing card related (he's a playing card wizard).
Friends like Scott and Janet Robinson, Josh Arroyo, Sleight Club, and all of our previous backers for supporting my projects and for their encouragement along the way.

Thanks for all the help!

PARTNERS

Premium playing cards require premium partnerships.
That’s why we’ve collaborated with experts in the industry that set the highest standards for design, production, fulfillment, and manufacturing like Art of Play, Clove St. Press and The United States Playing Card Company.

We're collaborating with Art of Play on all aspects of production and fulfillment to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained throughout.
Clove Street Press will handle all special printing requirements including tucks and half-brick boxes providing consistency in feel and quality.
Finally, the cards will be printed by the world's leading playing card manufacturer, The United States Playing card company.

RISKS AND CHALLENGES

This is my third campaign after the highly successful Phronesis and Wonder Playing Cards V1 Campaigns. I've taken what I've learned from those first two campaigns and will apply that to this campaign to improve the rewards and continue to delivery a quality product. As always, I have secured vendors for all aspects of the project before launching. This includes the manufacturer of the playing cards, tucks, deck seals, custom boxes and the sticker packs!

One of the challenges presented with this campaign is trying to find the most economical way to ship products to the UK. Under the new rules in the UK, I will have to pay 20% VAT on all products sold that are valued at less than approximately $180. Therefore, UK backers will see additional shipping charges for any reward tiers or add-ons less than $180. To ease the sticker shock, I am splitting this cost with UK backers.

We may encounter challenges that we did not expect, but I've prepared and planned to account for that. The delivery date listed is a conservative estimate in order to produce the best product.
Please keep in mind that sometimes delays do occur but I will do my best to avoid them. As a designer and consumer, I know that it is necessary to have a high-end product and I am committed to delivering the best product possible.

More Information? Questions?

Click Here!

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks