The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: The Enigma of Ankh (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Looking for your comments on this trick by N8 Quality Magic Tricks
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5163 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I have two props by N8, The Enigma of Ankh and Riddle of The Sphinx.

The quality and craftsmanship of The Enigma of Ankh are topnotch, and the workings of this classic plot have been upgraded with a simple tweak that adds quite a bit to the overall mystery of the effect. If you're familiar with the method and watch the video, you'll see the convincer Ottavio adds at the end which is subtle, but impactful.

Below was my review of Riddle of The Sphinx, but I can say that the same comments apply to The Enigma of Ankh.

"I just had the opportunity to take a look at Riddle of The Sphinx yesterday, and I don't believe it's a stretch to say that classic Italian artisanship is alive and well in Ottavio Belli's work.

His Riddle of The Sphinx prop is absolutely delightful in its mysterious charm, and the construction and workings are well-considered and rendered.

Belli's design work has captured the cryptic allure that Egyptian-based magic props should have.

Like Alan Warner and Francois Danis before him, Mr. Belli has reflected the mythical energy of Egyptian relics without attempting to mimic and copy a dusty ancient artifact.

His prop is elegant and sophisticated, but unlike Danis and Warner, more organic and sculpted. He definitely has his own style. Belli would have made Magiro proud."
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.