The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Need Recommendation on Portable Power Supply (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
COVID has me accepting (for me,) the dreaded outdoor show. With fall festivals coming, I'm looking for a recommendation on a portable power system that will power my speaker (2 at most), audio ape system and wireless mic system. These things can go into the 1K range; that seems more than I need. Anyone have experience with a moderately priced unit? Many thanks.
Steve
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Look at a "Pure Sine" power inverter and a deep cycle/marine battery or a high amp hour battery.

Your wattage will determine the power inverter size. Your Amp draw will determine which battery
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would look at the Pyle sound systems. They have a wireless mike, five inputs for other mikes, extra channel for music, mounting post on the bottom and iPod doc. I have one that I use all day long for track meets outside and works fine. Mine is a pwma9301. It has a telescoping handle with roller feet. You can raise it up on a speaker stand if you want better sound spread.
By the time you buy a inverter and battery, you might as well get a self contained system that make it easy to transport.
I have an extra unit that is mint in the box if you are interested. I can send you photo of the full specs from the box if you wish.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.