The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Pressure fan, again and again.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
This must have been discussed to death, but I was unable to find where and if this issue has been adressed somewhere: doing - well, trying to do- a pressure fan, after a little more than a quarter of a turn my right thumb hits the left one....How on earth can I keep on moving? I read everywhere that my left thumb cannot move. What can I do? Can I lift my right thumb? Or is it supposed to go magically thru the left one???
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Some people maintain a left thumb grip on the deck throughout the making of a pressure fan. But when I make a pressure fan, in the beginning the left thumb isn't even touching the deck. The right hand is sort of just pressing the deck against the top side edge of the left hand. I begin the fan--and it is around 50% complete before my left thumb actually grips the deck at what would be the lower left corner. If the fan is made wide enough, then the right thumb actually goes under the left thumb.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
There's a nice tutorial on the pressure fan on youtube at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3BVU2Z76G0
and at the 0:05 spot you can see how the performer's right thumb goes under the left thumb.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez