The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Johnny Harts Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any information on Johnny Hart? I will pay for any books published about him or video tapes. Thanx a lot!

Benn Schwartz
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
I have Johnny Hart's Parakeet routine, it was very hard to find, i got it from a retired magician, if you want i can tell you what he does with the parakeets.
Good Luck,
James
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I have an old booklet called "Parakeet Magic." I have adapted some of the material to larger birds. I do not know if it has any of Johnny Hart's effects, but it certainly references him.

I am old enough to have seen Johnny a number of times on Ed Sullivan. As I recall, the highlight of his act was a parakeet version of multiplying billiard balls. It was much the same, one bird on a finger, wave of the hand another. Very good act and unique then and now.

quack
ARNO
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
4 Posts

Profile of ARNO
I saw Johnny Hart on french TV when I was 9 and that day I decid I will do a bird act.
Unfortunately I never met him, I don't know where he lives and if he's still performing. Few years ago, he was doing big illusions in circus. His bird act is amazing, as I heard with some inspiration from Jack Kodell (wich I never saw). There is some videos, one from 69 (his first TV show I think), and another one with the entire act with the ending with the cockatoo and the cat. Johnny Hart is not popular among magicians like Channing and it's a pity. Great act.

ARNO

http://www.arno-magie.com