The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: Developing Your Personality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Willtwin
View Profile
New user
UK
18 Posts

Profile of Willtwin
BDC,

Really helpful post it has definately got my brain rattling and has almost opened the gate for me to delve deeper into my magical performance. Its always nice to see how people analyse their own performance: the strengths, weaknesses etc, because it can sometime highlight aspects of concern in you own performance.

Great post

Will
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
A recent PM brought me back to this post. Since this thread originally appeared, I have expanded on these ideas and principles in my book Theatrical Magic. Not only do I go into further detail on each point, I also supply you with the worksheets and creative exercises to help you really put it to work. Without sounding like a commercial, I want to recommend that anybody wanting to pursue these ideas further pick up my book.
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I couldn't agree more. After having several conversations with Big Daddy on this topic, I have a copy right next to me as we...err...type. It's well worth the price from what I've read through so far.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
BDC is my Yoda. The words of wisdom flow like a fountain. The only thing I will add to this, and this part is going to hurt, stage time. If that means doing free benifit shows, entertaining at the nursing homes etc., do it. The more you are in character the more your character will develop. You will learn by doing it over and over again in front of people, what they respond well to and when you lose them. Getting paid to do magic is great, but sometimes its worth it to find a charity to work with just for practice and exposure. Once you really know who you are on stage people will respond.