The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Sharpies! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Magic Sharpie pens in my collection are starting to reproduce like Tribbles and wet Gremlins. Does anyone have any good ideas for labeling and storing (all different ones) them so that you can easily pick them out of your magic tool box at a glance?

Thanks in advance!
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I mark the bottom with color dots (from other sharpies...) and then have a system tracking which color dots go with which magic sharpies. Then you just need to store them "bottom up" and you see which is which at a quick glance and grab the right one.
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, no2ss wrote:
I mark the bottom with color dots (from other sharpies...)

I second this. Was gonna say the same thing.

But paint markers would possibly be brighter.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Using a home printer- Made a chart of the colors, 2 squares for each color -usually a slight difference comes from the printer,so you'll have both shades. On each square (of color) print a number. Using a Black Sharpy You can print the same number on the other Sharpy's. This goes even for Highlighters. Can be kept in a clear plastic tray when bought some fresh Veggies (they were in). Illustrating & writing a lot of short stories, it really helps????? Ralph
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
These will give you some ideas. If you buy the long tubes you can cut them to size. Hot glue, rubberband, tape, zip tie them together, add labels, etc.
Fill an end with hot glue, stuff a bit of foam inside or tape one end if you don't want the pens to slide down and out.
If you cut the tube a bit shorter than the pen you can just tilt the tubes upward and easily remove the pens.
Hot glue or zip tie these to something that clips to your belt, waist band or inside jacket for a sharpie holster.
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Plas......60353011

Go super cheap and cut cardboard toilet paper or paper towel rolls to size. If you cut the rolls lengthwise you can roll them to be a smaller diameter.

Use rubber bands to wrap on or mini rubber bands. Colored rubber bands and the number of bands wrapped on code your version of the prop.
Add colored or write on stickers to stick around the bands.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.