The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Is buying & performing magic tricks on social media illegal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Is it illegal to buy and perform magic tricks on business social media sites? I have a business unrelated to magic. I want to perform magic on my business social media sites as I think that would draw attention and get more visitors.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
I would like to perform for my members and then post to my FB and Instagram. It will have that street magic feel but instead of the streets it will be for the members of my business. And I get new customers coming in often.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Illegal, almost certainly not. Otherwise magic on YouTube would be very different.
Magicians complaining about it... almost guaranteed. At least somewhere.

I don't know that I'd worry about the complaints though, but if I had my way I'd like you to not explain HOW you did it.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
I would never reveal how a trick is done. I would not under any circumstances post a tutorial of someone else's effect. I just want people to see me performing for my clients via youtube or instagram.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would doubt it is much of an issue.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell