The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Mis-made flag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I started doing my 4th of July Routine about three weeks ago. Flags play strongly through Labor Day and Company picnics. (You would be surprised how often it figures into repeat contracts. Employers love it. (And they do the hiring!)

Use it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

I'll do it again in my theater show tomorrow night. And they saw it last year!
(Saturday's show has $7800 in pre-sales and only 1270 seats. Something works!)

Bill,

(Re: "There is a new mis-made flag coming out with the strips where the stars are and the stars were the strips are.")

This is hardly a new design. It has been available for many, many years. Duane may even have some left. They are still around out there in some shops. At best, it is a reprint. And that's OK too.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Quote:

(Re: "There is a new mis-made flag coming out with the strips where the stars are and the stars were the strips are.")

This is hardly a new design. It has been available for many, many years. Duane may even have some left. They are still around out there in some shops. At best, it is a reprint. And that's OK too.

Bob

Hi Bob,
You are right, of course. That style of reversed flag has been with us for a while. Look for "Mis-Made Flag with a Twist. It has three flags:
Red & white only
Reversed stripes and stars Red Stripes where the stars go/ blue stars for the rest
Finale Flag (correct layout)

I have also seen flags that just have the field of blue for the stars and no stripes and flags that have the colors reversed, a red field of stars and blue stripes. I wonder how long you can stretch this out. I think going more than two "mis-mades" before getting to the finale would be repetitive. Again, this may depend more on the performer than the prop.

I do the routine with a large change bag (hardly original) and climax my routine by pulling out an appearing flag pole rather than simply displaying the flag.

Enjoy the 4th and stay away from the m-80s Smile
Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
After the reverse color flag (blue stripes and red star field) I produce a 12" x 12 ft. solid blue streamer and explain that there was just too much blue. It gives a change from all the same rectangles. Then I produce the corrected flag.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com