The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Cy Enfield's book on card magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I was reading that Cy Enfield was also a film director (Zulu, among others) and I even knew someone who knew him...but I realized that I never read Cy Enfield's Entertaining Card Magic. Does anyone out there know the book and if so, can you tell me if there is anything ground-breaking in it. I guess I assumed that if there was, that I'd see references to it, etc. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks, GW
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I have all three of his books. Interesting material but nothing that stood out, for me anyway. One effect makes use of Vernon's Multiple Shift, so Endfield must have kept up on his card magic book reading.
Topper2
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Topper2
Originally there were three booklets but Supreme eventually put them out as one volume. They were popular in their day but it will be personal opinion as to how useful they are, I found them to be a worthwhile read without being totally knocked out by the contents, however others think very highly of them, check these threads:-

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=325665

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=713605
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Thank you very much Topper2. Greg
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
After reading the two links you provided, I want to mention that it was the consultant Charles Reynolds who mentioned knowing Cy Enfield. Charles was interested in Theater, Film, Literature, you name it. Of course he was aware of the book...I saw it in his collection I'm pretty sure. Charles had a huge collection of magic books, but also general theater, film, and show business. Greg
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
I have the hardbound book and bought it because I had seen many references to it over the years.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
A couple of items that stood out for me were Aces For Connoisseurs, the Escape of the Musketeers and Gambler Out-Gambled.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain