The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: What did you accomplish during Covid? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
"Believe it or not" has been very quiet for a long time... except for ballycast postings.

This section had a lot of great discussions in the past, and I've been re-reading a ton of stuff here on the Café to pass the time during Covid. I thought I'd try and spark some conversation.

Have any of you used this downtime creatively?
Have you written a new show? Learned (or created) a new act? Changed your blockhead script to include testing references? Planned for the post covid performance world? Shifted focus to something else?

I wasted a LOT of time in the uncertain summer.
But I also refurbished a bunch of props, tried to plan for a post covid landscape free of audience contact, and began studying some mentalism effects to add into future shows.

Wondering who's still active around here, and if the shutdowns sparked creativity, or took the wind out of everyone's sails and caused some career changes?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I'm writing, building some new props, and mentoring. Sadly, teaching will have to wait until the disease is under control.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
331 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Still working my day job through the whole thing but I have been getting as much practice in as I can & trying to narrow down to figure out what I want to do for my audition because I want to try to join the AMA when the castle reopens
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.