The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Oracolarium - Augmented Reality Deck (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere on this site, but I have been unable to find mention of it. A kickstarter campaign for a divination deck employing augmented reality.
https://www.oracolarium.com/
I am not sure I am entirely comfortable with the marriage between digital technology and old school fortune telling, but this is nonetheless a very clever and thoughtful hybrid, with some fine art direction, which might open some interesting doors in the hands of the right performer. AR itself has something quite witchy about it, further confirmation, if any were needed, of Clarke's law that, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
This looks quite extraordinary. I'm sure it may well have performance applications, but it certainly captures my own fascination.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
This looks fantastic. I'm curious about how well it might integrate with my psychological three-card reading technique. I ordered a deck right away.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Not for me. There is already too much interjection of electronics into magic. All the mystery is gone.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Both curious & intrigued, ordered !
As I enjoy storytelling more than this electronic age, this may also slide in between for those younger that love the Electronic in their life....
Very creative idea though.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1342 Posts

Profile of reese
I am very old school. Not my cup of tea. I hate tea.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Next day shipped after ordering, great service ! I uploaded the app on my new phone (which will definitely be a better experience) & brought up the kickstarter page with the cards on my pc & put my phone in front of each card & was able to play each card while I wait for them in the mail !
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Somebody help me here.

I have two items in my cart, but I can't find a link or anything to "check out?"
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
Somebody help me here.

I have two items in my cart, but I can't find a link or anything to "check out?"

Your cart should show "check out with PayPal" at top & bottom to click on & take you thru the check out....
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
Somebody help me here.

Neil emailed me, problem solved.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Good Neil got it all sorted out for you Al, should have mine this wed, yaaa
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Mine arrived today. A little unsure about the triangular guide book, which takes some getting used to, but it certainly keeps you alert when reading. The cards themselves are fascinating, and the connections between them and recurring images open up all manner of storytelling links and opportunities. As oracle decks go, there has been a lot of thought put into the design of this and it really shows even at a first glance.

The augmented reality aspect is by no means essential and I doubt I'll use it in readings. However, it is more than merely a gimmick and does at least offer fresh imagery and meaning when you're studying the cards and learning them. And if you're trying to pull a crowd, it will certainly attract the attention of anyone with a smartphone.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Are the animations for the deck still working ?
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1745 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2024, CardFan wrote:
Are the animations for the deck still working ?

Yes. I used mine a couple of weeks ago.