The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: No Ordinary Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Hello,
For those of you who are fans of Cellini have a look at this book.
“No Ordinary Magic”
It is not written by him but by his girl friend at the time.
Great read and you get some nice insight about Jim as a person.

Nickoli
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2020, Nickoli Sharpe wrote:
Hello,
For those of you who are fans of Cellini have a look at this book.
“No Ordinary Magic”
It is not written by him but by his girl friend at the time.
Great read and you get some nice insight about Jim as a person.

Nickoli

I’m about half way through it... saw them and remember that article the Atlanta Journal did on them in 1983. The book is an interesting biography of of the beginning of Cellinis career (and Sony Holliday too) as well as many of the buskers from 30 - 40 years ago!

Gary K
GMcAlpin
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of GMcAlpin
I got to have dinner with Cellini once after a lecture that he gave in Denver. He was going out with some old friends and I basically invited myself along. He was warm and funny and charming and extremely humble. I remember him telling a story about the light/heavy chest that Robert-Houdin used to avert a war in Algeria. He had met a collector who owned the actual chest and Cellini had been able to see it and touch it. I wish that I could remember who else was at the table that night. All that I recall are Cellini and Marianne. Somewhere I still have the end of a piece of rope that he snipped off during his act.

This book made me very sad. I hope that Ms. McFalls found happiness.
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
235 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
My eyes welled up reading this book - highly recommend
Been a busker since I was 14 from San Diego; Don Driver was my mentor along with many others like Jimmy Talksalot, Sleeveless (Stephen Sloan), Bob Elliott.