The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Card Shark Science Friction Invisible Deck - warning (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I bought an ID from Card Shark a while back. The Science Fiction is absolutely AMAZING! I have always struggled with R&S before - SF is so much more reliable. Not just a slight improvement - a real game-changer.

BUT there was a slight disappointment with the ID itself. Only half the cards are treated. This is not mentioned anywhere on their website. I know most people arrange their ID based on the rule of 13, but there are other arrangements (discussed somewhere on the Café in fact). I wanted to arrange mine based on my memorised stack - but I couldn't do this because for some of my pairs, neither card was treated.

I contacted Card Shark, who told me SF only requires one card of each pair to be treated instead of both. Fair enough - but this is NOT mentioned on the product page for the ID. I suggested they might consider selling a fully treated deck with an untreated deck, so the customer could create their own ID to their own requirements (two in fact). They said they would "take this under advisement" - but I see nothing on their website so far. Nor an update to the ID page to explain the existing limitation. So be warned - if you buy an SF ID, don't assume you can choose whatever pairings you want like you can with R&S.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
This is important information. Thanks!
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
760 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Get a can of Science Friction and make your own.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2020, Dan Ford wrote:

Your right! For a lousy $95 bucks you can get a can of SF spray and make your own!
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
760 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I detect some sarcasm.......
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I want to be clear - SF is a great product.
Just the ID was not clearly described.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1860 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2020, Bobby Forbes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2020, Dan Ford wrote:

Your right! For a lousy $95 bucks you can get a can of SF spray and make your own!

In which instance we save 80 bucks and get a can of Plasti-Dip or similar.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Tarabas
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Tarabas
I have this. I like it a lot.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is Card Shark still selling this? I get no replies to emails and I cant find a dealer in the US that even has it in stock.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I finally got a response. Not available from Card Shark in the USA.