The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: How much? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
What do you think the value of a pair of ADA cuffs are worth now? I only ask as my health deteriorates I'm thinking that performing escapes is something I may well give up some time.

I am not looking for empathy or sympathy.... but my pain levels are going up and up. I'm at a point where I am taking slow-release morphine morning and night, very strong anti-inflammatory, lansoprazole to protect my stomach from the anti-inflammatories (side effects suck!), amitriptyline at night to help with neurogenic pain, paracetamol to help morphine uptake and on top of all that I'm having to top up with liquid morphine 2 -4 times a day at the moment due to cold and damp that is UK winter.

So I am considering selling some stuff - but not sure yet.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hi Dave,

First let me wish you the best possible outcome of your medical issues. A doctor once gave me a shot of morphine. I was 16 years old and from that one shot once, I understand how people get addicted so easily. I really am hoping for a positive outcome for you; you are in my prayers.

I don't have a specific answer just now to your question, but I will put down some facts.

1. I paid over $100 for my set and that was in 2005.
2. I have herd that they can no longer be made as the way handcuffs work has changed. (I have no way of knowing if this is true or not, it is probably a question for Ian.)
3. It seems like prices are down for people trying to sell handcuffs on line currently. (This may be due to how many of us are out of work for the quarantine.)
4. They are custom sized so yours may or may not fit someone else's wrist.
5. No matter any of the above, Ian's workmanship should make these a great collectors item.

I don't know if any of that will help, but I hope you find it useful.

Cheers!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I have been corrected.

apparently, Ian could still make ADA cuffs and chooses not to.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!