The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Cheapest Svengali Decks (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don was The best ANYONE Knew!

I was going to suggest nowstalgic. I used them when we had the shop. That was 2 years ago though.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I guess I'll bump this once more in the increasingly slim hope that anyone has a solid lead on a good source for cheap Svengali decks for under $0.50 a unit in bulk

I really don't want to pay extra for a small batch of samples, all the way from China via alibaba .com, -only to find out they're printed on newsprint paper with tempera-paint ink! You just never know what you're going to get from them until it comes... and even then it's dicey!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
The way inflation is today it’s gonna be hard to find a price under $0.50.

Even the dollar tree stores had to go up to $1.25 plus on the imported items.

Tom
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
As I mentioned, Alibaba lists several Svengali decks for under $0.50 per unit at the right quantities.

The problem is: the usual problems with importing bulk quantities of sight unseen product from China...

I guess there is no one pitching Svengalis right now who can help me & I'll have to go it alone if I want to do it.

As usual...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
snm
View Profile
Special user
550 Posts

Profile of snm
Cheapest I have found is about $1.35 per deck.

Unless going through Alibaba like you mentioned.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Special user
Berlin/Germany
504 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
About three years ago I ordered Svengali decks from a company in the UK for, if I remember correctly, 0.57 Euro per deck. The decks were newly made and included instruction cards and worked. Shipping was added, but was surprisingly cheap within the EU, if I remember correctly only about 15 Euros from the UK to Germany. The order was for 150 euros or so, so you didn't have to order that many decks and could have ordered less, but then the price per deck would have been higher. Unfortunately, I don't know how wholesale prices for the Svengali deck have developed in recent years. Can anyone report on this? Would also be interesting to know what a cheap poker card deck costs in the stores in India. For this price you should be able to produce a Svengali deck there.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I wish you could remember that company name, because .57€ is really dialing in on the price that I would also need to hit in order to even HOPE to be profitable as the main product line for a pitch...

If you find anything around that price, I'd be eternally grateful if you'd post it here!
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Special user
Berlin/Germany
504 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
I will probably find the company name and tell you here soon. But: That was as written a few years ago. In Germany for example, paper prices have about doubled in the last 12 months or so. So presumably the Svengali Deck is much more expensive today than it was then. It would be interesting to know how the prices of paper and the Svengali deck have developed in India.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Special user
Berlin/Germany
504 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Have checked with the company or successor company from the UK. The price of the Svengali deck ordered at that time has increased a lot. The unit price is 1,15 Pound, the minimum order value is 500 Pound, the real postage costs are added. So, unfortunately, the price seems to have roughly doubled.

In Europe, the Svengali deck is also sold relatively cheaply by DiFatta Magic from Italy. Years ago I was once told there that they had more than 50,000 Svengali decks in stock. At that time the price for one deck was higher than the price of the UK dealer. So I suspect that today's price of DiFatta Magic will also be above one euro. DiFatta Magic does not sell to magicians, but only to dealers.

Energy costs in Germany have risen sharply, and I once heard they are seven times greater than in the US. Paper manufacturing is very energy intensive. Would be interesting to know how paper and energy prices have developed in China and India, that should have an impact on the prices there for the Svengali deck of cards.