The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Which is a better ring flight -- the Morelli Ring or Pro Flite? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
justbill
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of justbill
Looking to pick up a reel-lees ring flight that's examinable by the spectators (which rules out Flite). And since Ringer by Steve Dusheck is no longer available, it basically whittles it down to the Morelli Ring or Pro Flite, which are very similar.

At roughly the same price point and similar in operation, I'm looking for any opinions on which is better based on durability, examinability, smoother to use, and maybe even customizable so you can add your own keys to it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Why on earth would you hand a key case or keys to a person to examine. What do you gain from doing such a thing. They don't know why you are offering you keys, are you giving your car or house to them.

There is no such thing as best, it simply someone opinion as to what they like and have invested in. Maybe they use one of them simply because they spent the money and are stuck with it, and therefore they feel they have to get something out of their investment, so why not use it. Steve Dusheck's Ringer could not be examined.

As a magician, your job is to ENTERTAIN AUDIENCES, not try to prove you are more clever then they are, or that you can fool them. Most people don't like to be fooled, just so you can make them feel bad. So why even go that route at all. What are you getting out of it. If they are entertained, they will be fooled without saying anything, or trying to grab your props.

Your other requirements, have more to do with how much practice and rehearsal you put into each effect.

Other things to consider have more to do with the cloths you where, and the place you will be performing.

The Morelli Ring Flite look a lot like a version Steve Dusheck made. Pro Flight also looks like it is influenced by Steve Dusheck's design. It comes with a ring on string routine, that gives you a reason to borrow a finger ring and end with a good climax. Plus, it is currently on sale for only $38.00 from Vanishing Inc. Just buy both, and several additional of each. They may just want to keep them if you insist on fooling them over entertaining them.
justbill
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of justbill
Well in the commercial for Pro Flite, it shows the magician handing the spectator their keys. So that's why on Earth you would hand them your keys.

It also describes having the spectator unscrew the clasp to take their ring off the keychain so I'm curious how well the gimmick is hidden from someone holding the keys.

And also, some people probably have both versions and perhaps they can offer a more valued opinion on which they prefer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I owned both of Steve Dusheck's versions, the one with the chain, and the one with rectangle key holder. Both were difficult to load very easily. It either of these new versions solved the loading problem, then that is all that would make them much better to use.

Now your asking the right questions, very good concerns. I looked up some forums you may gain more information from and answer your qestions.

Read this discussion on the Café.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218

And you can take a look at this discussion.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/sear......10812330
justbill
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of justbill
Awesome, thanks for links Smile
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
263 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2020, justbill wrote:
Looking to pick up a reel-lees ring flight that's examinable by the spectators (which rules out Flite). And since Ringer by Steve Dusheck is no longer available, it basically whittles it down to the Morelli Ring or Pro Flite, which are very similar.

At roughly the same price point and similar in operation, I'm looking for any opinions on which is better based on durability, examinability, smoother to use, and maybe even customizable so you can add your own keys to it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated Smile

Trust me on this, and get Flite. I have many ring flights including Ring Flite and RFR. Letting them take the ring off themselves adds Nothing to the effect. It's obvious to the spectator that it's either clipped on or screwed on. There's no mystery there. The mystery is how did you vanish the ring, and how did you get it to the keychain.
With Flite there is the added effect of the ring being LINKED to the key ring. Much like linking rings.

With Flite the spectator can stare at it point blank and tug on their ring or your keys while you tug the other end. That's all the examining they need. When your spectator is telling others about what they saw they are going to remember that their ring was LINKED to your key ring Not that you let them take the ring off themselves.

Best
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Justbill,

So, which did you decide on? Can we have your review of the one you purchased?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3712 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have Morellies and Duscheks, along with several other pull versions. Steve Duschek’s is the go to ring flight - best in every category. They come up for sale every once in a while, just keep looking
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4226 Posts

Profile of warren
Out of those choices Pro Flite easily in my opinion.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
331 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I REALLY like "Flite" but admittedly I don't have any of the others how ever "Flite" is soooooooo good amazing in its simplicity
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.