The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Where is my thread? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
I posted a thread both informing (if people didn't know) and a memoriam to James Randi it was removed,yep maybe it was in wrong thread,but a search brings up no other threads with his name. Can someone clarify?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There are at least 3 other topics announceing his death. Another one wasn't necessary. A search on "james randi" would have brought those threads up.
Where the magic begins
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, Dave Scribner wrote:
There are at least 3 other topics announceing his death. Another one wasn't necessary. A search on "james randi" would have brought those threads up.

I searched eactly that and found zilch.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Well I searched the term as you wrote it and get one post in an an old thread(aside from this thread). So if you can link me to a relevant thread Id appreciate it.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I'm also like to see the 3 topics about Randi's death; I also did a search and can only find one mention of his death, and it's a post on an old thread, which is now locked (https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=582974&forum=62).

Where is/are the new thread(s)?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
One thread was made in the Spooky forum which was the wrong forum but was existing when User 101 made his post. It was subsequently moved today and combined with another topic.
The second topic is in the magic names forum. Only the last post in that thread references Randi's death but still relevant https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=62
The third topic is in the Did you hear forum https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=36

If you search for Randi, all the topics will come up
Where the magic begins
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Thanks Dave; I had been searching "James Randi," instead of "Randi," must be why I missed those others.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, jimtron wrote:
Thanks Dave; I had been searching "James Randi," instead of "Randi," must be why I missed those others.

Not just me then! Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sometimes the search function is a little finicky. Admittedly, in this case you should be able to search for James Randi and get the results but you have to just search on Randi. Trial and error usually wins out.
Where the magic begins